Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Right now it is stock with Black Rhino Stadium 18x9 +12mm offset wheels fitted with 295/70R18 Falken wildpeak AT3's. No rubbing at all lock to lock, but I am going to be installing some OME patrol suspension once it arrives here. I already have Dirt King upper arms and all the cam bolts ready to go! I will update this thread as I make progress on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you get the OME kit from?
I got it from desert rat, but they are just a drop shipper. My shipping label is coming from ARB in Florida. I already have rear ironman shocks, so I'm waiting on 2986 springs, 90015 front shocks and both 2977 and 2978 coils. I'm going to try out the 2977's up front first.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be interested to see how the 2977's sit for you. I went with the 2978's because I'll be putting on a bumper and winch soonish, so my nose is a little high at the moment.
Yeah I saw yours and plan on the dash bumper too, but I dont need a winch. There aren't any trees in the desert haha.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I saw yours and plan on the dash bumper too, but I dont need a winch. There aren't any trees in the desert haha.

True. I've used winches to recover other people more often than myself, though. Always nice to have in a pinch.

Where abouts are you located? I'm up in Salt Lake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True. I've used winches to recover other people more often than myself, though. Always nice to have in a pinch.

Where abouts are you located? I'm up in Salt Lake.
I'm out in Phoenix. Nisstec said the dash bumpers are on the water, so hopefully they will be here soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 50286

Right now it is stock with Black Rhino Stadium 18x9 +12mm offset wheels fitted with 295/70R18 Falken wildpeak AT3's. No rubbing at all lock to lock, but I am going to be installing some OME patrol suspension once it arrives here. I already have Dirt King upper arms and all the cam bolts ready to go! I will update this thread as I make progress on it.
Did you put 295/70r18 without any modifications to suspension?

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
135 Posts
View attachment 50286

I just ordered a set of Black Rhino Oceano 20 X 9.5 with a +12 offset. I am ready for them to arrive and get them mounted up. Yours looks great!

Thanks for info. Love the look of your ride. I think I will get the same size tires with method wheels. And the Ironman 4x4 whenever in stock.
I think it's back in-stock now. I'm not ready to pull the trigger though...gotta save up.

Reactions: Rendog124

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So I got the KDFR302 front and KDRR303 rear +30mm patrol springs installed this weekend. For shocks I used OME 90015 in the front and 60084 in the rear. Install was done in about 8 hours total all by myself and I felt it was an easy job if you have the right tools (which I did).

Springs were sourced from pecaustralia on ebay and the shocks I got from desert rat.

There are no alignment issues, but my rear camber is sitting positive at .9°. It should have no effect on tire wear, so I am fine with it. The camber, caster, and toe is in spec using the stock adjusting bolts; I did not need the SPC bolts.

Front upper arms are from dirt king and the sway bar extensions are from PRG. No coil bucket notching was needed to clear the dirt king upper arms, but I did grind off the ABS line mounts that are in the coil bucket. Here are some pics!

Net lift yielded is 3.75" in the rear and 4.5" in the front. I am hoping it will settle down another 1/4-1/2" since I just finished this yesterday and only drove it to the alignment shop so far. Once I get the bumper and winch installed the front should level out with the rear too. Bonus points is that it still fits in the garage! Just barely...
Coil spring Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar Suspension Shock absorber

Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Tire Coil spring

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Sky

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Sky

Garage clearance
Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
135 Posts
So I got the KDFR302 front and KDRR303 rear +30mm patrol springs installed this weekend. For shocks I used OME 90015 in the front and 60084 in the rear. Install was done in about 8 hours total all by myself and I felt it was an easy job if you have the right tools (which I did).

Springs were sourced from pecaustralia on ebay and the shocks I got from desert rat.

There are no alignment issues, but my rear camber is sitting positive at .9°. It should have no effect on tire wear, so I am fine with it. The camber, caster, and toe is in spec using the stock adjusting bolts; I did not need the SPC bolts.

Front upper arms are from dirt king and the sway bar extensions are from PRG. No coil bucket notching was needed to clear the dirt king upper arms, but I did grind off the ABS line mounts that are in the coil bucket. Here are some pics!

Net lift yielded is 3.75" in the rear and 4.5" in the front. I am hoping it will settle down another 1/4-1/2" since I just finished this yesterday and only drove it to the alignment shop so far. Once I get the bumper and winch installed the front should level out with the rear too. Bonus points is that it still fits in the garage! Just barely... View attachment 50957
View attachment 50959
View attachment 50958 View attachment 50960
View attachment 50961
View attachment 50962
View attachment 50963

Garage clearance
View attachment 50964
Looks GREAT! Hope the alignment comes out spot-on and you avoid coil bucket contact. Nice job on the garage clearance too. Really well done.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks GREAT! Hope the alignment comes out spot-on and you avoid coil bucket contact. Nice job on the garage clearance too. Really well done.

I put it in my wall of text, but only thing that could not be perfected with the alignment is the rear camber is at +.9°. It's barely noticable and won't wear the tires. Dirt King upper arms clear the coil bucket completely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts