Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it took 4000K, but I got my first door ding from some ass in the parking lot!!! I thought I parked in a good spot but..............new cars attrack wacko's.

Any thought on getting it out or should I go to a pro and pay a few hundred!!

Thanks

Rodney

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
mtuhoop24 said:
Well, it took 4000K, but I got my first door ding from some ass in the parking lot!!! I thought I parked in a good spot but..............new cars attrack wacko's.

Thanks

Rodney
Join the club. It seems the door protectors on our doors aren't at shopping cart level as a cart got mine. Barely see it unless you are waxing it though. :damn:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
If it's not on a body seam, paintless dent removal will get it out, and you'll never see it. Costs about $75, and it really works. Our Armada was delivered with a ding right above the driver's door handle, fortunately we noticed it before we left the dealership. They drove it around back, it came back 10 minutes later and you couldn't see it. I've had it done several times to other cars, with 100% success every time. Any good detail shop or auto dealer should have somebody that can help you, or try Dent-Masters.

Keith

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.........I would have to say the same about the door bumpers. They don't seem to match others doors or for sure not the door that hit me. Thanks

Rodney

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Dents

I know what you mean when it come to trying to avoid dents. I got a dent with less than 100 miles on the 05 mada Le in a parking lot at work. I paid $65 for a dent removal person to get it out and it looks fine with no sign that it was there. Then I was on my way to work going thru Coral Gables, FL. when a dead limb fell fron a tree and hit my hood near the top on the passenger side. But belive it or not the paint was undamaged but there was a small dent. I paid another $65 to get out the small dent. Most dealers have people who come to the dealership and remove dents. My dealership told me that if they have them taken out it would cost me $35 for the same person to take out the dent. People are careless. You could park on the outskirts of any parking lot and someone will park right next to you and park real real close also. The best place that I found to park are on the end parking spaces that have alot of room.
The people to watch if the lawn maintenance people if you live in an apartment they can cause alot of damage. Most take no precautions when around nice vehicles. I move mine to another complex to avoid any damage.
Sorry for the long thread but other peoples carelessness really pisses me off!!!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I know all about dents.... My Armada was the victim of a hit and "try to" run. I was going straight through an intersection, and a little old lady in a conversion van made a right turn, but instead of her going into the lane she should have, she went all the way across into the far lane I was in. She rubbed alongside the entire length of the passenger side. I honked and yelled for her to pull over. She did. I got out of my car to look at the damage, and as I was out of the car, she looked at me all crazily, and she took off. OH MY GOSH I WAS PISSED. I hopped back in the Armada, waited for a chance to get back into traffic, and chased her down to get her plates. She WOULD NOT PULL OVER. I called the police, and reported her. Turns out she was an 87 year old lady, and she said she was afraid I was going to hurt her, so she left. Anyway... the damage looked horrible. The rubber from her side view mirror rubbed a huge black mark from one end of the Armada to the other. After we wiped off all the rubber burn, we were SO HAPPY to see that there was NO PAINT DAMAGE. I do have 1 ding and a tiny dent. I went to Dent- Masters, and since the damage is in 2 panels, it will be $300 to get it fixed. No one really can see the dent unless I point it out. I guess that is good, but to me, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyway, must say the paint held up and I was so happy about that. Sorry for long post.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
While I was shopping in Home Depot, the Ford expedition next to me left a foot long dent in the right rear quarter panel at the top where the panel transitions from vertical to sloped (had to have hit it with their mirror pulling out and I was parked at least 3 feet away from him). I went to Dent Wizard and the guy told me he could get it 90% out but couldn't get rid of it completely because of the panel transition and it would cost me $200. I went to the body shop that I have all my car work done at and the guy quoted me $250 to pop out the dent and repaint but he also told me he would have his dent guy come out and look at it before he did anything. Long story short, the body shop called me the next morning after I dropped it off and said the dent guy had come out and fixed the dent and it was $100. Dent is completely gone and no repainting. Dent Wizard will not be receiving any of my business.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Park as far as yo can

mtuhoop24 said:

Thanks

Rodney
What I do is park as far as possible even if it is raining. I do not park my Mada near the entrance of a mall or supermaket. People come out with carts and park carelessly to grab something quickly and get out. Our trucks are way too big for the normal parking space found in city parking lots. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Ding King is $75 per dent. I had 2 dents removed from my last car and almost perfect job. Almost meaning you could only see if you knew what you were looking for.

I was in Vegas this weekend and stopped by at a couple outlets. :eek:

Even in the 115 degree weather, there were Armada's and Tahoe's parked in the remote corners. (1/4 mile walk in direct Vegas sun) What we do to stay away from door dings...

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
200 miles on my truck and would you know it, at Lowe's some idiot put a ding in the door. Not sure if someone pulled in next to me or if it were a cart. Anyway, off to the paintless dent repair guy! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
All fixed up. $50.00 cash out the door! Took 15 minutes and you would never be able to tell. Thank you to my PDR guy!!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
My mada is a ding and scratch magnet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts