Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up sticking with the FM Transmitter path. The holder/transmitter & power cord kit was about $90. I mounted the IPOD in the cubby hole using the configurable arm. I hard wired it for power. Now all I do is tune to the correct radio station and play the IPOD. I am pretty sure that i plays louder than when I plug into the Aux.

Here is picture:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Please don't flame me because I'm not trying to be a smart-ass.

But I don't understand the number of folks using fm tramsmitters for their Ipod when we got an input on the dash most would kill for. Using the input is free and the quality is much better than using a transmitter (Not just my opinion; the MyFi owners manual says the same thing).

I've plugged an Ipod, a MyFi XM radio, and a portable DVD player into the aux plug with no loss of volume and great quality. The only time I lost volume thru the Armada's system was when I realized my Ipod's volume was not turned up.

What am I missing?

Allen Freeman

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
AtlantaAllen said:

But I don't understand the number of folks using fm tramsmitters for their Ipod when we got an input on the dash most would kill for. Using the input is free and the quality is much better than using a transmitter (Not just my opinion; the MyFi owners manual says the same thing).

I've plugged an Ipod, a MyFi XM radio, and a portable DVD player into the aux plug with no loss of volume and great quality. The only time I lost volume thru the Armada's system was when I realized my Ipod's volume was not turned up.

What am I missing?

Allen Freeman

+1

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I agree with not using the FM, but everything I've hooked up to the AUX was a low volume in comparison to CD or radio. I fixed it by adding a P.I.E. line level amp that is spliced into the back of the dash. All my connections are under the passenger seat so there are no wires running across the console to the jack.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I have same problem with the aux jack and low volume level..

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AtlantaAllen said:

What am I missing?

Allen Freeman
As others have commented, there definately is a loss of volume by plugging into the AUX. I see that there is a solution, but for now I went with the simple route. I hate the site of wires hanging everywhere. I want a more finished and integrated look. this was a simple solution. All it involved was getting someone to run the power line under the center dash to a main connection. The transmitter came with the holder, a power cable, and a mounting set-up that twists ad turns into a bunch of different configurations. I have the IPOD at my fingertips with my arm on the armrest. It is perfect for me, for now.

No flame here. Feel free to show me some better set-ups.

And one more thing, this FM Transmitter is pretty damn good. It isn't CD quality, but I think it rivals the Aux quality I observed.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blackrain said:
Nice IPod. Is that a custom gear shift knob? Where did you find that? Thanks.
Talk to Burtman on the shift knob. I hope he can get it. I bought mine from a place a refuse to reccomend. I ordered several products from them....all of which were supposed to ship right away. Well 3-months later, I got the fender trim that I had forgotten all about. I called to return it because I had changed my mind, and they hit me for a 25% restocking fee. After all the money I spent, and after they made me wait 3 months, they didn't think they should give me 100% refund.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
No doubt...that's bad service.

I like the Ipod integration! Sweet. The Ipod is the bomb diggity. :)

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
yeah..it looks nice.....

about the aux plug..when i first installed the ROADY2 in klondike's armada we used the rf ... that lasted about 3 days..it was fuzzy, crappy, etc......so i tapped into the aux jack from BEHIND the dash bezel and it was loud and clear and there were no unsightly wires hangin around..i wonder what could be up with the few of you that have volume problems with the aux jack?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
For the sound difference when using the AUX and iPod, I purchased a belkin device that has an iPod hookup and a small amp inline. It cost ~$35...

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I plug my Ipod into the AUX and it sounds good. But when I turn my headlights on there is a slight distortion/interference sound. Anyone else have this problem?

I have a '05 SE Armada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts