Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of my latest retrofit. These are TSX projectors with color mod. Also, I removed the LED halos and replaced them with ccfl rings. The halos are now visible when the lights are on ... look out BMW! The far shots were taken approximately 50ft away.

Attachments

· Premium Member
71 Posts
niceeeee

vey nice, congratulations, i will buy these as well soon, but someone told me the light intensity is not that good as the stock headlights, can you comment. also can you tell us the best type of bulbs you used, is it the original stock ones or some others, how easy was the installtion work?
nice work :D

· Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dubai_ARMADA said:
vey nice, congratulations, i will buy these as well soon, but someone told me the light intensity is not that good as the stock headlights, can you comment. also can you tell us the best type of bulbs you used, is it the original stock ones or some others, how easy was the installtion work?
nice work :D
Out of the box, the halo halogen projector's light output is not that great. If you're curious, it uses H1 bulbs for low/high.

I swapped out the halogen projector with the Acura TSX HID projector. I'm using a 4100K D2S HID bulb.

Actual installation of the headlight is fast. I've done this a dozen times and now it takes me 30 minutes.

· Premium Member
375 Posts
that is a beautiful retro diddy. would you say it was easier swapping the tsx projectors over the e46's? also how is the flicker on them tsx's? other then that great job you should seriously consider selling a few or start a mini business on here selling them to us :D

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
omg, that's amazing diddy. Keep up the good work!

· Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flip4prez said:
would you say it was easier swapping the tsx projectors over the e46's?
The e46 were 10x easier because of size.

flip4prez said:
also how is the flicker on them tsx's?
I modded the TSX to produce a color band along the cutoff line. As you cross the cutoff, it creates a flicker effect...similar to the s2000. I take cutoff pics later.

· Premium Member
498 Posts
VERY impressive Pdiddy. How about capitalizing on your talents and sell it to blind night drivers like me? :D

· Premium Member
156 Posts
Do you have high beam HID as well as low? My God, when I saw your work I almost fell out. I want that mod so bad it hurts.

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Armada Brotha said:
Do you have high beam HID as well as low? My God, when I saw your work I almost fell out. I want that mod so bad it hurts.
I know what you mean. We were drooling over it. :)

· Premium Member
164 Posts
what do i need to get as far a part to do the exact same mod as you di . I have a 07 mada se.can you drive with the rings on is it legal. and what if i wanted to keep the led lights.Is this possible. will you post step by step instructions

· Premium Member
506 Posts
Diddy does it again!

P-Diddy, we are not worthy! Those are the shiznit my man! You keep coming up with more and more amazing retros. PM me with a price sir. I just may be able to swing it. Great work, of course! :051:

· Premium Member
430 Posts
Nice work pdiddy, so when will I be able to buy a set for my car:)

· Premium Member
453 Posts
That is real beautiful...I want a pair, what's your price?

· Premium Member
3,023 Posts
timdog said:
what do i need to get as far a part to do the exact same mod as you di . I have a 07 mada se.can you drive with the rings on is it legal. and what if i wanted to keep the led lights.Is this possible. will you post step by step instructions
A lot of stock BMWs come with the rings so I have heard of no legal issues with them.

I have after market CCFL rings on my M3 and they look awesome.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.