Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well -- it had to happen eventually -- 18yrs of driving -- and no accidents -- Friday I was turning into a driveway and got hit in the right rear passenger door!!! It sucks sooooo bad!!! Looking at the Armada -- I just want to get it fixed ASAP so I don't have to look at it anymore. The right rear passenger door will have to be replaced for certain--it's crumpled in pretty well...and the right rear panel is dented and pretty scratched up -- the running board is bend down about 10 degrees....the rear bumper has a few scratches on the side and the wheel's enamel is chipped.

I have no idea how they'll fix the rear panel -- it's not like it's a quarter panel that can just be replaced -- I hope it looks like new when they're done with it -- I won't take it back until it does.

Anyway -- just wanted to cry on your shoulders!! I've had many beater cars -- cars that I would have paid people to hit...but they had to wait until I had a new Armada!!! :(

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
That sucks man I got a little scratch on my front bumper of my Titan while I was in WalMart the other day. Its not huge but went down into the plastic I coulda really hurt someone if they had been around I could only imagine how you are feeling now. Good luck with getting it fixed. I know it hurts to look at it but how bout getting some before pics and then some after pics when its fixed.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I feel your pain, my wife ran into a metal pole and I was crushed. I didn't want to drive it or look at the damage; all I could think of was how fast can it be repaired.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah -- it definitely hurts everytime I look at it -- thanks for the sympathy!! I'll definitely get some before and after pics -- just came back from getting an estimate -- they're saying ~3k!! Which I hear...isn't bad. What sucks is it will take them ~2 weeks to fix -- 2 weeks driving some crappy grand am rental -- or worse. Oh well....as long as it get properly fixed -- I'll be happy. I'll post pics ASAP.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Only fun thing about a rental is thrashing it. LOL take that thing to an empty parking lot and dog the heck out of it. Powerbrake and slide it around just dont hit anything. LOL I always have a good time in a rental car.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Whatever you do, don't let them put you in a TrailBlazer. I got stuck in one when my truck was in the shop once, the body lean on that thing is scary!

Good luck getting your truck fixed. Hopefully it will come back in perfect condition.

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
m4ck said:
Only fun thing about a rental is thrashing it. LOL take that thing to an empty parking lot and dog the heck out of it. Powerbrake and slide it around just dont hit anything. LOL I always have a good time in a rental car.
M4ck
Question: What's the best off roader in the world?

Answer: Rental car!!!!!

Keith

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehe -- for insurance purposes -- I can neither confirm nor deny my driving habits when behind the wheel of a rental. Let's just say -- I like to find out if the redline really is in the right place....

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got good feedback regarding the body shop I've chosen yesterday -- they are supposedly very good -- so that's reassuring...time will tel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
EightmanVT
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing