Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just owned my '05 for a couple of weeks. The dealer installed a Myron & Davis DVD system and the screen shakes and makes a too much noise. The Armada is such a quiet cabin ride (before the screen was installed) and I find the screen vibration distracting. I have seen other posts relating to the center console noise issues, but none specifically talking about the DVD screen. I read about a TSB (I think that was the term), is this a recall and has anyone had their dealer complete this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
No it is not a recall, it is a technical bulletin... The difference is, most vehicles do not have this problem, but those that do, Nissan says that this (the TSB) is the best way to fix it. So if a technician gets a Factory DVD screen in, that makes noise, he would search ASSIST and find that Nissan says to fix this problem, put a new DVD Bracket in and replace mounting Screws!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jerseyparts said:
No it is not a recall, it is a technical bulletin... The difference is, most vehicles do not have this problem, but those that do, Nissan says that this (the TSB) is the best way to fix it. So if a technician gets a Factory DVD screen in, that makes noise, he would search ASSIST and find that Nissan says to fix this problem, put a new DVD Bracket in and replace mounting Screws!

So since this isn't a factory installed screen, does this fix still apply?

Thanks for your help...

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I have a factory installed DVD player that did the same thing. A new bracket was installed and I have had no further issues. The first thing the dealer did ask when I called for an appt was whether or not it was factory installed.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I would say the TSB doesn't apply for two reasons.
1. I believe the TSB was for 2004. The screen brackets were weak and the screens shook. You have an '05. The stock screen brackets for '05 should take the TSB into account. My stock screen doesn't shake.
2.You had an aftermarket screen installed. They may not have used the stock bracket system and the stock system may not be compatable with your aftermarket setup. It may only fit with the aftermarket companies brackets. I've never heard of the brand BTW and I was in the business. The dealer probably had an outside stereo shop do the work for him. Typically, dealers call a car stereo shop around the corner to get an alarm, stereo, DVD, etc. installed. The shop charges the dealer $x and the dealer charges the client $x + additional money for something you could have just driven around the corner and paid $x to get. Take it back to the dealer and yell. :chainsaw:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Uh Oh,
I just ordered my Myron Davis DVD screen today... now I read the post lol
I hope I don't have any problems...
I think it really depends on the installer and if done correctly, shouldn't have shaking problems... and I believe the Myron Davis unit is dampered so it shouldn't shake or rattle while driving...

That's one of the reasons I went with that unit.
I will post after mine comes in and is installed.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Shouldn't matter if it's aftermarket or factory. If the dealer put it in they should make it right and since the M&D screen are same spec as factory the same bracket should fix the problem. This is not confirm but I heard Nissan get their screens from Myron & Davis.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Myron and davis 7.8 and 9.0 screen

My dealer asked 900 for the 7.8 installed. and another 150 more for the 9" screen. Check out AbesofMaine.com and search Myron and Davis. They have the set complete ready to ship for 749.00.
Has anyone installed one of these? Is it easy?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Same professionals that installed my n.i.c.e. gps also installed a myron & davis 9' screen for my 05 Armada. I must state here that the screen does not shake at all. In fact you have to use your strength to flip down the screen and it remains at whatever angle to left it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts