Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Armada LE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon Armada Fans!

First off I'd like to thank all of you that i've obtained information and assistance from, here in this forum! I'm an IT person and before I got this vehicle (now at 223k miles), I had what you might call a mechanical knowledge gap, and over the last five years I've embraced the wrench life - I tend to keep vehicles a long time so I've learned to DIY whatever I can, especially since being in my industry and knowing how much per hour technical stuff runs. From this forum and its generous members I've been able to replace my bad air shocks with some Bilsteins, springs, my front struts, fixed my AC system (its as good as its gonna get at this point), replaced my clock spring, charcoal canister solenoid, all the hydraulic pistons for the gate and hood, and obtained the Nissian Diag Software and interfaced my tablet with is so I can really view some of the advanced ECU/ECM diagnostics (and reset that darn slip sensor), so if ever any of you are in the OKC I'll buy ya a beer or wrassle up some BBQ with ya!

Now we get into scandalous territory. Started getting p420 and p4xx codes, stalling, stinky exhaust, and a tinking sound in my front exhaust when idling.

Took off my rear exhaust pipe, parts of the catalytic materiel were chunked out and vibrating, and all 4 cats were almost totally jammed. Faced with a $3000 replacement cost, I decided to bore them all the way out (made sure I got all the materiel out and disposed of it properly, I had access to a HAZMAT collection place) and replaced the rear o2 sensor with a dummy plug that has a small cat in it. Haven't replaced the front sensors yet, but my scanner shows they are getting proper voltage. After this, it sounded a lot cooler and all the other problems stopped - for awhile.

Then I started getting a p2003 code. Research tells me that this is a Diesel Particulate Filter code, but of course this is a gas engine. Cleaned my PCV valves, checked for exhaust leaks, and was going to clean/replace the EGR valve but it looks like this 5.3 engine doesn't have one. Any search for a p2003 code leads me to advice or solutions for different engines or vehicles I don't have. I figures at some point I'd install new cats myself, but I'm curious why this code that shouldn't exist is showing for this vehicle and wanted to ask the experts here for some guidance. I'd like to keep this vehicle until I need to get a new timing chain/pump or I can be buried in it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts