Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I can do to unlock the nav system while the car is in motion? I had no idea how bothersome that would be when I bought the car. After driving 3 other cars with stock Navs that dont do this I discovered how stupid nissan is. (Stupid , safe, whats the difference)

I always felt that since it has a pasenger sensor for the airbag.. it should unlock the nav if you have a passenger, since they could operate it.

Anyways... Is there anything I can do?

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
hardeight said:
Is there anything I can do to unlock the nav system while the car is in motion? I had no idea how bothersome that would be when I bought the car. After driving 3 other cars with stock Navs that dont do this I discovered how stupid nissan is. (Stupid , safe, whats the difference)

I always felt that since it has a pasenger sensor for the airbag.. it should unlock the nav if you have a passenger, since they could operate it.

Anyways... Is there anything I can do?
2 things.
1. There is a wire you can trick into thinking the Mada isn't moving. This is a modification.
2. You can scroll with the map and choose a location while moving already through using the map to pick the street instead of typing it in. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
hardeight said:
Is there a wire I can just cut\unplug or do I have to attach some device between the wire? If so, where do I get such a device?
You just need to send a ground or + down it or just disconnect it to trick it. No device. I don't know which wire or what signal, but the NAV thinks the SUV isn't moving.

Here you go!
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...months&Main=67561146&Search=true#Post67561146

I probably do this. If I do, I'd put the switch in the center console. I used to install stereos professionally and I'll take some pics. ;)

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
IS that grey wire the same wire on our cars??

fiddlyD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.