Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
really? im not saying you are wrong, just asking how you got this info? did you look at the service manual? I can understand the AV system is redesigned but dont you need to still have the parking brake applied in order to show video on the front screen?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Here's what I know. I physically soldered a switch in my 2012. For my 2016 I just used Brian's kit from the Car Kit Company.

For my 2018, Brian, from the Car Kit company, whose an automotive electronics tech, and I have not found a way to locate the correct wiring to insert a bypass switch.

Not saying it's not possible. But we haven't been able to find it. Something thing changed. Don't know what.

But please. I have a 2018, let me know if yiu figure it out. I'm happy to disassemble my center console and put a switch in.

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
thank you for the follow up. :)

starting from the 2008 armada/qx and well into the 2nd gen qx, the same system has been in place. nissan added a gyrocompass in the head unit but still tapping into the VSS wire and grounding the parking brake still worked. now across those years the wiring harnesses have changed a little bit and even the color of the wiring has changed, but the same process still worked.

but with the added infotainment features it is possible nissan changed up somethings. if you can get access to the 2019 service manual or 2018 qx one you can for sure find out the truth.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
So I yesterday I figured out that while disabling the VSS speed sensor input to the radio in order to watch DVDs on the move, works. It does disable the automatic volume increase based on your speed. I noticed this when i flipped to switch back and forth while driving on the highway and listening to music. Everytime i turned the VSS signal back on, the music would get louder again. I guess that makes sense, but I have never seen anyone mention this before.

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
I dont use the volume sensing because i dont like what it thinks “loud” is, but at least good to hear in case others use that feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you still have the instructions? I can’t seem to find them anywhere and the link above is no long working. I have a 2019 Armada and would love to do the same.

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
just find the service manual online for any 2012-2019 infiniti qx. i did it on my qx and its not difficult, its just tedious. the hu is screwed in once you remove the side dash pieces.

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
if the radio uses VSS and Ebrake to deactivate the video whilst driving then logically the instructions should be the same.

the best way is to grab the service manual of the year in question and locate these two harness points and see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Is there a way to just enable the cameras? I don't need/want to be able to watch DVDs on the front screen or enter info while driving.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is it possible to remove the side trims without removing the glovebox and lower panel below the steering wheel?

Is there a way to just enable the cameras? I don't need/want to be able to watch DVDs on the front screen or enter info while driving.
I thought merely grounding the brake output would allow that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this lets the cameras turn on whenever while in motion, Will this also bypass the sensors along with the cameras? Will it bypass the whole “MOD” system

21 - 38 of 38 Posts