Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am newly registered to this forum, but have come here many times in the past for information. Great Site.

My problem is with the Navigation system...I have a 2005 LE with just about everything except Satellite Radio. The Navigation system will sound out two short beeps every so often when I am shifting from reverse to drive after backing up. I have had the dealer look at this but of course it doesn't do it when they have it. This is driving me nuts... I was wondering if anyone else has run in to this problem and if so how did they go about fixing it.

Thanks for your help
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
I don't remember mine ever doing that. Are you sure it's the Nav system beeping, and not the reverse sensors?

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...the sound is definatly comming from the Navigation system. The same beep beep sound can be heard if you are trying to select an option that is not availabe while you are driving. I can also reproduce that same sound by pressing the PREV button after the system has booted up to the map screen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
604 Posts
I have noticed the same behavior. If I remember correctly, the only time I hear the two beeps is when I have set the destination on the navi and put the gear in reserve. Other than that, the navi stays quiet. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be a similar problem....mine occurs during a normal driving routine..i.e with out having a destination set on the Navigation. I wonder if it is something in the programing or some sort of shift sensor.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Maryland-Mada said:
I am newly registered to this forum, but have come here many times in the past for information. Great Site.

My problem is with the Navigation system...I have a 2005 LE with just about everything except Satellite Radio. The Navigation system will sound out two short beeps every so often when I am shifting from reverse to drive after backing up. I have had the dealer look at this but of course it doesn't do it when they have it. This is driving me nuts... I was wondering if anyone else has run in to this problem and if so how did they go about fixing it.

Thanks for your help
That's new. Never noticed. I have beeps all over with the NAV, radar, etc. I'll listen for it. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
74 Posts
Maryland-Mada said:
I am newly registered to this forum, but have come here many times in the past for information. Great Site.

My problem is with the Navigation system...I have a 2005 LE with just about everything except Satellite Radio. The Navigation system will sound out two short beeps every so often when I am shifting from reverse to drive after backing up. I have had the dealer look at this but of course it doesn't do it when they have it. This is driving me nuts... I was wondering if anyone else has run in to this problem and if so how did they go about fixing it.

Thanks for your help
I have the same exact issue...weird. It will only happen every so often. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Mine does it every time I go into drive and the rear camera turns off. I listened for it. Maybe there is a problem with the sensor that sends the signal where the shifter position is to the NAV. Just an thought. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You my be on to something....If I recall I usually get this when I am in a hurry and shift it from Reverse to Drive and the car may not be at a dead stop. It sounds like you are able to reproduce the sound...how are you able to do it. I am trying to demonstrate this problem to the dealer and if they don't experience it they will not fix it.

Thanks...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Maryland-Mada said:
You my be on to something....If I recall I usually get this when I am in a hurry and shift it from Reverse to Drive and the car may not be at a dead stop. It sounds like you are able to reproduce the sound...how are you able to do it. I am trying to demonstrate this problem to the dealer and if they don't experience it they will not fix it.

Thanks...
It does it everytime, not occasionally. When I shift from reverse to drive, it beeps to tell me the backup camera is off and NAV on. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting...I wonder if it is suppose to beep. I would prefer it not beep at all…..Usually a beep is reserved for some sort of error message or to call your attention to something. Thanks for the info....now I can start asking the dealer some pointed questions and try to get to the root of this problem.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12 Posts
Mystery Beep gone

All it took was $190 and the software upgrade for the nav system. The upgrade loads a new operating system on CD-ROM first then you insert the new DVD map set. many of the hickups are gone and the map coverage is MUCH better in my area, might be in yours too. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Its supposed to beep. If you shift into reverse while the NAV is on, it switches to the rear camera. When you shift back to drive, it beeps. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think it is suppose to beep...I don't think it is mentioned in the owners manual. Mine doesn't beep all the time.... only about one in 25 - 30 starts, and only when I go in reverse first then shift into drive.

If it is in the DVD software I wonder if I can get Nissan to cover the cost of a new DVD???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Mine beeps every time I say yes to the NAV and then shift to reverse and turn on the camera. It doesn't if I wait until I shift out of reverse and then say yes to the NAV. Only does it after I have affirmed the NAV and then shift to reverse. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
92TripleBlack said:
Mine beeps every time I say yes to the NAV and then shift to reverse and turn on the camera. It doesn't if I wait until I shift out of reverse and then say yes to the NAV. Only does it after I have affirmed the NAV and then shift to reverse. ;)

Hmmm...I will have to try that sequence. I never pay attention to when I say yes to the NAV.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Try each sequence and see if you get beeps or not. I think it beeps to tell you its on after you have hit agree or vs. versa. Mine beeps all the time but I ignore it. ;)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top