Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Navigation Monitor Housing **UPDATED W/PICS**

ok, here's my dilema!

i do not have a navigation system in my '04 aramada. what i would like to do is, i would like to purchase the navigation screen housing so that i can use it to mount a 7' monitor inside it.

i went into my dealership and they told me that in order to buy that housing, i would need to buy the complete housing; which includes the naviagation screen for $1,195!!!

my question is, has anyone had success in purchasing just the housing itself?!?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
MacFly said:
ok, here's my dilema!

i do not have a navigation system in my '04 aramada. what i would like to do is, i would like to purchase the navigation screen housing so that i can use it to mount a 7' monitor inside it.

i went into my dealership and they told me that in order to buy that housing, i would need to buy the complete housing; which includes the naviagation screen for $1,195!!!

my question is, has anyone had success in purchasing just the housing itself?!?
Sounds like a good idea, I hope it can be done for a lot less cause I would be interested in doing it as well.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
m4ck said:
I know just the man you want to call. 1-800-689-6560 and ask for Jamie in parts. here is the site http://www.nissanparts247.com/en_US/
I have dealt with him and he is great. If you want it he can get it I bet. Tell him who sent you.
M4ck
should i tell him "M4ck" sent me?! lol

what's your real name, that he knows you by, so when i call him he won't think i'm pulling his leg! lol

its' been done, i have a guy that's done it before. he says he can get the piece for $150, but i want something to compare it to.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
MacFly said:
should i tell him "M4ck" sent me?! lol

what's your real name, that he knows you by, so when i call him he won't think i'm pulling his leg! lol

its' been done, i have a guy that's done it before. he says he can get the piece for $150, but i want something to compare it to.
MacFly,

If possible, please let me know as I am very interested in doing this as well.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Tell him that you were sent by this site. If he remembers me he will remember me as m4ck from Titantalk.com tell him I opened my own site and sent you though.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jyruiz said:
MacFly,

If possible, please let me know as I am very interested in doing this as well.

of course bro, i will let you know! i just hope that i'm able to just buy the housing alone. if you find out anything, pls do share!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
m4ck said:
Tell him that you were sent by this site. If he remembers me he will remember me as m4ck from Titantalk.com tell him I opened my own site and sent you though.
M4ck
will do! will keep you posted, i hope Jaime can help me out!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jyruiz said:
What is the size of the navigation monitor?
i believe it's a 7".

does anyone out there have a NAV that can actually measure the monitor for us?!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
jyruiz said:
7" widescreen? I hope it is cause I can get one that size for free.

that's what it is.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Just to confirm - I want to add the Navigation system to my Armada as well. I want it to look factory - I don't want a Garmin unit stuck on the dash. Is there a kit from the factory that can be installed in my dash where the OEM equipment goes? :confused:

My Armada is a 2004 SE, I do have the DVD package, sunroof, but no nav.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jyruiz said:
7" widescreen? I hope it is cause I can get one that size for free.
where 'bouts in LA are you? maybe we can get this done together, kinda like a "group buy" so we can get a better deal!

when i got my Armada, i got them to throw in the factory add on alarm. so the guy came to my house to install it, real nice guy! we got to talkin and he said he's done an install just like what i'm lookin' for. 7" monitor with the OEM NAV housing and he "says" he can get the piece for around $150.

let's talk!

john

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
MacFly said:
where 'bouts in LA are you? maybe we can get this done together, kinda like a "group buy" so we can get a better deal!

when i got my Armada, i got them to throw in the factory add on alarm. so the guy came to my house to install it, real nice guy! we got to talkin and he said he's done an install just like what i'm lookin' for. 7" monitor with the OEM NAV housing and he "says" he can get the piece for around $150.

let's talk!

john

I am in Norwalk to be exact, where the I5 and the 605 meet. Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jyruiz said:
I am in Norwalk to be exact, where the I5 and the 605 meet. Where are you located?
i'm in chino hills! not too far from you.

yo, hit me up on AIM: macfly69

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I don't have IAM. I am very interested in doing this mod though, find out from your guy to see what the deal would be and if it has to be a specific 7" monitor.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jyruiz said:
I don't have IAM. I am very interested in doing this mod though, find out from your guy to see what the deal would be and if it has to be a specific 7" monitor.
i've gone back and forth with him on it. i'll let you know! the thing that i'm most worried about is getting a decent tft monitor so that you can still view the monitor during daylight!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts