Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
Wassup brother.

You go to the HERE website and purchase a code. You take that code to the local nissan dealer. They will update the system using the code you purchased.it takes less than an hour if memory serves... :)

In terms of it being slow to enter , if you do this right at the start of the car, it takes a while for the HDD to load the map data into the system. You should be able to enter the data normally as you would expect after the car has been on for awhile and the system is booted. If you still have a really long delay, you may have some other issues with the HDD...

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
https://nissan.navigation.com/produ...-Canada/sku/E4712-0776-410/en_US/NissanNA/USD

$80.00 for the code. if you are in for maintenance at the dealer , maybe ask them to throw in this update for you (i mean you have to buy ther code but they may not charge labor if you are in there getting other work done) . dont hurt to ask.. :)

I get the update done every year. for the second gen models, they ship you 4-5 dvds and you do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Ya. Just stopped by the dealer to pick up my sway bar bushings. They want $150 to program for the GPS update. Plus $80 for the update. Not gonna happen. I feel that is a crazy price for plugging in a computer and walking away. So I will continue to us my phone I guess.

I wish the first gens had dvds also.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Do you drive in areas where your current map is wrong? If not, then why bother? I have a 2012, and I've never updated. Plus, I use my phone more often than my built-in Nav, particularly for restaurant searches and up to date reviews.

These update fees are great revenue generators for the manufacturer and dealer.

My 2c worth......

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Just wondering if the navigation update is worth it in your opinion? I have a 2018 and quite frankly, the navigation is pretty bad in my opinion. And, without CarPlay ability, that's the one downside that we've experienced with the Armada...

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I personally like the stock Nav in our 2010. However the cost is holding me back. I live in an area that’s growing a lot so the updated street names would be nice. Maybe that will change in the future.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Just wondering if the navigation update is worth it in your opinion? I have a 2018 and quite frankly, the navigation is pretty bad in my opinion. And, without CarPlay ability, that's the one downside that we've experienced with the Armada...
I have integrated GPS on 2 out of 3 vehicles and I never use it. I always use my phone. Your phone will automatically be updated when the maps are updated and don't require any fees (beyond the price of the phone and cell service) and you'll get real-time routing based on traffic, which pretty much no integrated GPS can offer (without resorting to CarPlay/Android Auto).

Unless you really have a strong desire to use the integrated GPS over your phone, don't waste your money.

·
Registered
2010 Platinum 2wd Navy over Black leather
20 Posts
Resurrecting an old post, I just bought a 2010 that probably has the original software. Does anyone have any pictures or can tell me what an update would give it other than new roads? I just spoke to the dealership and they advised that buying the software off nissan.com would be a $100 plus bringing it to them to install his roughly another 130 for 1 hour worth of work. Does this sound correct to you?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Resurrecting an old post, I just bought a 2010 that probably has the original software. Does anyone have any pictures or can tell me what an update would give it other than new roads? I just spoke to the dealership and they advised that buying the software off nissan.com would be a $100 plus bringing it to them to install his roughly another 130 for 1 hour worth of work. Does this sound correct to you?
Sounds about right. I was looking at the same cost around my area. Figured a GARMIN with lifetime maps for like $120. Just went that route for now. I like the stock nav, however I have a hard time paying someone for the “hour” Nissan needs to plug there computer in for two seconds. Especially when the new ones can be updated right off a disc.

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
the visuals are the same, just updated streets and data under the hood. that costs sounds right - labor is dependant on your local service area.

may people prefer to use their smartphone/waze to navigate.

me personally, i always updated the maps every year. for the 2nd gen qx and armada you buy dvds (later models you purchase SD cards). older models needs a trip to the dealer plus you purchase a code.

·
Registered
2010 Platinum 2wd Navy over Black leather
20 Posts
Well, just checked Nissanusa and its $150 for the 2015 version. All other years of that bodystyle said unavailable..
I'm with you on using other maps. My phone gets used 95% time anyway

Thanks for the quick input

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Armadians! My name is Trace and my wife and I just purchased our first ever Nissan. Even though it was previously owned, it was well taken care of. We LOVE our 2011 Armada Platinum! We've had it for six months now, and it's been taking us on some great adventures and destinations. (Zions N.P., Moab, and Yellowstone. Just to name a few...) Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere in the world I can get an update for the navigation system??? Any and all possible leads would be appreciated! I checked with Nissan USA and my local dealer and they say there are no updates available. I just can't believe that with all of the technology out there that there isn't anything... Hopefully somebody knows something! :) Hope everyone has a great and prosperous year! (We sure need it!) Take care and happy trails! ~T-Bone~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Armadians! My name is Trace and my wife and I just purchased our first ever Nissan. Even though it was previously owned, it was well taken care of. We LOVE our 2011 Armada Platinum! We've had it for six months now, and it's been taking us on some great adventures and destinations. (Zions N.P., Moab, and Yellowstone. Just to name a few...) Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere in the world I can get an update for the navigation system??? Any and all possible leads would be appreciated! I checked with Nissan USA and my local dealer and they say there are no updates available. I just can't believe that with all of the technology out there that there isn't anything... Hopefully somebody knows something! :) Hope everyone has a great and prosperous year! (We sure need it!) Take care and happy trails! ~T-Bone~
Thank You @[B]marctronixx[/B]... It's just kind of disappointing to have a system that has this option and they don't even keep it updated. Yes, using my phone is okay, but I hate having to to look over at a small screen and try to find where to mount the phone holder when I have this beautiful BIG screen to work with. (LOL) Oh well, you work with what you have, right? Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Well......there are options for in-car add-on:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts