Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, installing an intake is NOT rocket science, but I bought this system used, and I am wondering if AEM provides the gasket between the MAF and AEM tube? Do I use my stock one?

Just looking to be sure I was sent everything with the kit.

TIA! :)

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I have the AEM Brute Force. You use the existing MAF to plug directly into the polished tube. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
OK here are some pictures for you.
1st picture. There are 8 small hole near the bottom of the heat shield. The top 4 holes I've circle in RED is for you to re-attach the wiring harness to. The bottom 4 holes, can't be seen in pictures but circle in BLUE indicate about where they would be. These four bottom holes is for the 4 small bolts that will hold your heatshield to your truck's fender. You will need to remove the wiring harness from your truck's fender and relocate it to the top 4 holes, once the harness is removed the four bottom holes should line up to where the harness was attach to the fender. If you want to save times, don't bother with the 4 small bolts (it required the removal of the liner inside the wheel well. A guy I knew just use double sided tape to hold that portion of the heat shield to the truck's fender.

This is a close up of the MAF, notice there is no "Gasket".

Heat shield is also held on by 2 bigger bolt. The one circle in white will not be seen when trying to remove the factory airbox. To save time just remove the two bolts you see (one on top and one at the bottom inside the airbox) than just give the airbox a yank and it will come off exposing the 3rd bolt.

The following few pictures is of different angles.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! :udaman:

Only reason i ever made mention of a gasket, was i remembered reading somewhere here, where someone's truck was having lots of problems, and it wound up being they forgot a supplied gasket under the MAF. I believe it was on a Volant setup..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.