Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this today and I need help!! We are leaving tomorrow morning for Florida and can't figure out how you are suppose to strap your luggage down on the luggage rack. There are no side rails!! Is there some secret to this?? :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
leopard99 said:
I just joined this today and I need help!! We are leaving tomorrow morning for Florida and can't figure out how you are suppose to strap your luggage down on the luggage rack. There are no side rails!! Is there some secret to this?? :confused: :confused:
There are pop-up hooks at the ends of the side rails that you can use to hook a strap into.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you can only put one strap across?? Also, can you lay a soft luggage bag directly on top of the car in between the bars??

Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
leopard99 said:
So you can only put one strap across?? Also, can you lay a soft luggage bag directly on top of the car in between the bars??

Thanks so much!
The loops are one way to hook. You can just tie to the bars also. I use a pod. You could put a soft bag on the top but:
Make sure it doesn't have anything on it that will scratch like zippers, buckles, etc. and also remember it won't be water proof. You may want to go to home depot, buy a tarp for $10 and wrap your luggage first before strapping it down. They also have plenty of tie downs there. Net ones are useful as are bungees and rubber ones with hooks.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Find a factory, Yakima, or Thule cargo basket to mount to your rack. Throw the luggage in - get a cargp net to throw ove3r the top and you're good. You definitely want a bag to cover it all, though. NO matter how tight you wrap a tarp, it will leak - and if it doesn't it will flap in the wind and scratch the paint on top.

Better yet - get a box.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
the initial problem you will notice is that there is no front cross-bar. you'll need to buy that before using any type of luggage carrier. since you have limited time you may be out of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts