·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group, My 2014 Armada has the following lights on the instrument panel
-4WD
-ABS
-Traction control symbol

other threads have indicated a ABS wheel sensor issue. Today I checked resistance in each sensor and all were good. I also checked voltage at the connector to ensure there was voltage coming from the abs module. Good as well.
Here is what is odd. When I clear codes and start car the abs and tc lights come on. After driving just a little,the 4WD light comes on. The vehicle will not allow me to go into auto,4High or 4 low. Only 2WD. Also on the symbol that shows the 4wheels all the wheel lights are off.
I am assuming that whatever is the issue is triggering the abs and traction issue since I checked those.
Any advice and help would be extremely appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
If you used a pocket scanner like those used at the local auto parts stores for free CEL readings, most aren’t capable to read anything else unless it’s emission related. A full range scan tool would be able to diagnose the ABS and 4WD DTC.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I had a similar issue with our ‘13. It was a wheel bearing
Was it the wheel bearing or the speed sensor in the wheel hub?

It has been many years, but from what I recall the speed sensors are in the hub (there was a wire coming out of it IIRC).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was it the wheel bearing or the speed sensor in the wheel hub?

It has been many years, but from what I recall the speed sensors are in the hub (there was a wire coming out of it IIRC).
It was the bearing. When the mechanic had it on the lift you go literally rock the wheel back and forth. 😳

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
It was the bearing. When the mechanic had it on the lift you go literally rock the wheel back and forth. 😳
Yikes! But I suspect since a code was thrown it was from the sensor.

I replaced my hubs years ago - what a PITA. I hope I don't have to do that ever again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts