Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find the thread we had on here about removing the radio bezel and shifter center console?

Can you guys help me find the thread or just tell me again in this link what the easiest way is? I have the manual and all it says is to pull the bezels straight off, and to pull the center piece off.

I just want to ask all the people that did it already if there is something I should watch out for, and do you have any hints or tricks you learned while taking yours off.

I'm more worried about things like the hazard button, the seat warmer buttons and all those things. Will the bezels both just snap off and give me some room to reach around or under and disconnect the harnesses from these items? Please help me out thanks! :excellent

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
For the shifter gate start at the rear near the storage bin and just pull up and slightly back to get the rear to come loose. You can push the front of the bin in to make it a little easier if you need to. The front of the bin is a seperate piece. Then just work your way up to the front.....Oh first shift it back into Drive, set the brake and take off the shifter knob.

For the radio benzel just use your fingers to pull the top out. You might need to use a plastic knife but I didn't have any problems just using my finger tips and pulling out on it then working my way down the side once the top popped out.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
llajumpvid said:
For the shifter gate start at the rear near the storage bin and just pull up and slightly back to get the rear to come loose. You can push the front of the bin in to make it a little easier if you need to. The front of the bin is a seperate piece. Then just work your way up to the front.....Oh first shift it back into Drive, set the brake and take off the shifter knob.

For the radio benzel just use your fingers to pull the top out. You might need to use a plastic knife but I didn't have any problems just using my finger tips and pulling out on it then working my way down the side once the top popped out.
Thanks for the tip Bro, any issues with the hazard button or any other electrical buttons and swithes that are attatched? Pretty easy to just unlug them once you pull the bezel off a bit?

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
It just pulls straight out towards the rear of the Mada. No special clips, hidden screws, etc. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
PumaFiveOh said:
Thanks for the tip Bro, any issues with the hazard button or any other electrical buttons and swithes that are attatched? Pretty easy to just unlug them once you pull the bezel off a bit?
No the harnesses all come off pretty easy..except there are a couple (on the radio benzel) that have a lever I believe that I had to use a small screwdriver to get it to release. Everything else is easy to unhook.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Be sure you don't turn on the key with the plugs disconnected. This will cause the airbag light to flash, and you will have to reset it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.