Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at new tires for my 18 armada. I was going to go to Costco and get them since their price is competative but any rebates are taken off at the time of purchase instead of mailing in and waiting.

There are only 3 tires they will put on the Armada,
Michelin - Latitude Tour HP
Bridgestone - DUELER H/T 684 II
Bridgestone - DUELER H/L ALENZA PLUS

Out of these 3 the only one id pick is the Alenza.

They explaind that the wont put on tires with a lower speed rating the what the vehicle calls for. The Armada has a speed rating of H-130mph.

There are tires that I would prefer over these but they all have a speed rating of T-118mph.

How much of a difference does the speed rating actually mean in real life driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not much, unless you are planning on reaching such speeds regularly. If you're set with Costco, then I guess you're stuck with those choices. Personally, I always get my tires through Tire Rack. Usually the prices are much better and you can select ANY tire that'll fit on your vehicle. Downside is that you have to get your tires mounted, though there is a network of shops that work with Tire Rack.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bottom line here is the speed rating of the tire has to be lower than that of the hub/axle and rim both. You want your tire to pop before the hub or rim breaks. Really shouldn't be driving that fast anyway considering the Armada's high roll over rating on a stock set up. Unless you plan on driving at speeds over 115 mph it really has no impact in real life situations, but I am guessing safety is why they wouldn't install them.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No intent of ever reaching 118 much less 130. I wasnt sure if the speed rating meant that maybe the tire had stiffer sidewalls or anything else beside just speed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
SIMPLETIRE(dotcom)
Lowest Price + additional 20% off your order +50%off installation

I got the
Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 2
dirt cheap/free ship/$70 rebate

65,000 mile warranty/ an excellent tire wet/dry/All Season/ ton of sipes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts