Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My previous thread was "New member -- Purchasing 05 LE this week" Anyways, I ended up getting an 06 LE Silver/steel with tech, DVD, and XM radio packages with 4 miles on it for 42K after CA tax and licensing. What a deal! Originally I was supposed to get an 05 however the dealer had problems getting the vehicle from another dealer.

Since it was the end of the month, they wanted to get my business. They knew that if the 05 wasn't available, I would have been out the door. Instead, they made me an offer with all the options I wanted for an 06 model. It was deal I couldn't refuse. :) The vehicle was not equipped with the DVD package so they through in an aftermarket 10" monitor with DVD (to be installed in the overhead console and wired to the cabin speakers)

Somes notes I had with my 06:
- Folding mirrors with turn signals are great. I initially thought the the mirrors folded in when you turned off the engine. This is not the case. You manually have to press a button on the driver's door to retract or extend the mirrors. It would have been nice to have both options. Also the mirrors are auto dimming and heated.
- Dual climate control is awesome but I'd like to have a feature to have both the driver and passenger selectively choose their fan speed. I like the fan on med-high but the wifey likes the low setting. Here, the fan speed is the same for both zones.
- 60/40 third row is awesome. I don't have to put the entire row down to transport my Labrador around.
- XM is a plus
- Cabin is quiet on the freeway. No rattles.
- Nav is great. I like the split pane with both the flat and bird's eye view. The voice is kinda weird though, seems a bit too computer synthesized. Also, I wished that the monitor was touched screen. It's cumbersome to use the joystick to enter in alpha numerics.
- Rear view cam is my wife's favorite feature.

I will post pics on Tuesday after the dealer installs the DVD entertainment package.

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Congratulations, on your 06' Mada. Sound like they are making some great improvements over the previous model years. Cant wait to see some pics. On you comment about the split view screen, can you take a picture of that. Enjoy the club.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.