1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

We just got our 2019 SL yesterday.

The wife and I have been eyeing the first-gen models for a while since our 2004 Odyssey was showing it's age. We test drove a 2015 Platinum Reserve a couple of days ago, and although we liked it, we weren't enthusiastic about its 80K miles, so we started looking for something with lower miles.

Initially, my wife hated the Patrol body style, but started warming up to it after considering the 2015s and older would be hard to find with lower mileage. She ended up falling in love with it, however, after driving the 2019 SL that we ended up buying yesterday from a dealer. I wouldn't have minded the butt-cooling & DVDs in the Platinum, but the SL with the premium package ticked all of the boxes that were requirements for me, plus some that I didn't even know about (like remote start).

It was previously a rental, which accounted for its 37K miles, and also gave me some pause. But after some research, it appears that the higher end rental vehicles typically aren't trashed like the sporty cars. Plus, I took it to the local dealership to have them inspect it. Other than some maintenance that wasn't logged in their system, it checked out in very good condition.

I'm curious, do these typically sell for 20% below NADA bluebook retail, or did I find a particularly good deal? I pulled a Manheim Market Report which indicated we bought it for about $2K over auction price, so the dealer at least made some money. But the last time I was car shopping, everything was at least bluebook retail.

I've been a Nissan fan for a while. My first was a '01 Xterra SE, followed by an '02 SE/SC, which my daughter inherited. My son's driving a 2008 Maxima, too. I'll probably pick up another Xterra or maybe a Titan for work in the next year.

Is the FSM available for this year? I've searched the forum, but can only find manuals for the first-gens.

Brad

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
welcome.

you can use the qx version since both cars are born on the same line and are alike in more way than they are different.

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I figured that out, although the most recent I could find was 2015. It'll have most of what I need, I'm sure, but I like having the right year if I can get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats on your vehicle. I also just purchased a 2019 SL with 38k miles 3 days ago, lol. As for the rental or reliability, I really wouldnt worry much. Ppl who rent these things will need it as a ppl mover...now if this was a porsche, or ferrari or some sporty car I would then say most renters would've truly put the engine to a test. If dealership checked car and vehicle feels solid for you, enjoy it. This is truly a Nissan Patrol. Extremely solid car. Yes, we have a watered down suspension and 4x4 capabilities then overseas but the rest of the car is a tank. You can feel it when you are driving it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts