Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - here's my first impressions of my new ride. I traded in my 2015 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 Super Crew for this Armada. My first road trip this week was from Phoenix to Tucson and back are the basis for this.

1. Smooth and powerful. The downshifts are a little slow - but once in the right gear this thing really hooks up.
2. Headlights are awesome.
3. It's a different look. Most everyone on the freeway would briefly pause and look at my Armada before passing by - not sure if that's good or bad.
4. The moon roof is pretty small.
5. Gas Mileage was 19.5 at 80 MPH - that's better than the F150 I had.
6. Gas tank is not big enough - I got spoiled with the 36 gal tank I had on the F150
7. A ton of buttons - but appreciated them once I learned them all.
8. Bluetooth worked great along with the Bose sound system.
9. I like the Nav better in the Armada better than what was in my F150 - even though it doesn't have Apple CarPlay
10. Turning radius is awesome
11. Very tight - no rattles, squeaks, etc.. no matter how rough the road was. much better than the 5-6 Yukon Denali's I test drove before buying this Armada
12. I really like the looks of the vehicle overall - inside/outside, etc..
13. The cabin lighting is a little yellowish when turned on - my F150 came with LEDs everywhere.
14. The Engine and Transmission are so smooth - good combination
15. My wife commented that she really likes this SUV - she normally doesn't say too much about the vehicles I buy - I've had about 25-30 different vehicles - all purchased new - all brands except dodge/chrysler.
16. Really love all the safety features this thing has - and they work really well. I think I've tested every one of them (accidentally and on purpose) already.

I'll post some pictures once I get a chance to.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Search the forum for interior LED replacements. They are super simple to change out and there are numerous options out there. You can easily change that yellow light to LED white and for less than $50.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum. I like all your bullet points and assessment of the Armada.

If you get 19 miles to the gallon doing 80mph, that is truly great. Then keep on doing what you are doing. That is impressive. I am lucky if I get 16 miles to the gallon going 80mph.

The people checking out your ride is definitely admiring it. When they see it from an angle, some may think it is the QX, then they see it is different, so they look closely again to see which new model is this.

As for the cabin light, you have got PM. Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Nice!
Congrats on the Armada .

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Nice! That's what I have also. Do you have the color code for the silver that is in the front and back? Or the gray around the wheel wells?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Hello everyone - here's my first impressions of my new ride. I traded in my 2015 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 Super Crew for this Armada. My first road trip this week was from Phoenix to Tucson and back are the basis for this.

1. Smooth and powerful. The downshifts are a little slow - but once in the right gear this thing really hooks up.
2. Headlights are awesome.
3. It's a different look. Most everyone on the freeway would briefly pause and look at my Armada before passing by - not sure if that's good or bad.
4. The moon roof is pretty small.
5. Gas Mileage was 19.5 at 80 MPH - that's better than the F150 I had.
6. Gas tank is not big enough - I got spoiled with the 36 gal tank I had on the F150
7. A ton of buttons - but appreciated them once I learned them all.
8. Bluetooth worked great along with the Bose sound system.
9. I like the Nav better in the Armada better than what was in my F150 - even though it doesn't have Apple CarPlay
10. Turning radius is awesome
11. Very tight - no rattles, squeaks, etc.. no matter how rough the road was. much better than the 5-6 Yukon Denali's I test drove before buying this Armada
12. I really like the looks of the vehicle overall - inside/outside, etc..
13. The cabin lighting is a little yellowish when turned on - my F150 came with LEDs everywhere.
14. The Engine and Transmission are so smooth - good combination
15. My wife commented that she really likes this SUV - she normally doesn't say too much about the vehicles I buy - I've had about 25-30 different vehicles - all purchased new - all brands except dodge/chrysler.
16. Really love all the safety features this thing has - and they work really well. I think I've tested every one of them (accidentally and on purpose) already.

I'll post some pictures once I get a chance to.
Looks great!

I agree it makes no sense to increase horsepower and pull 2 gallons out of the fuel tank. What are they thinking?

It seems strange that the transmission gets two more speeds and mileage hasn't changed?

Plus hp/tq is up to 390/395 and towing capacity is down? Torque hasn't really changed, so the transmission must be weaker.

Has there ever been a compelling story to upgrade from a 2004-7?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts