Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,
I am the proud owner of a 04 Armada LE as of 01/03/06 due to me totalling my 04 Expedition on black ice on Dec. 17th. Spent a few days in the hospital and am back to normal (at least 90%). Couldn't function without a SUV and fell in love with the Armada immediately. I've been poking around the responses on putting in an indash after market Navigation System. The Clarion N.I.C.E. looks good.

Question: Do I have to buy the housing for this or does it fit in the space provided.

Glad to be a member

pqalfred97 :D

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Depends on how you want to install one. Several members have them. If you want to put it in the NAV stock location, you will need a new Trim bezel. If you want to put it in the stock stereo location, you will only need the new face plate for the location. Do a search on the Clarion.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
92TripleBlack said:
Depends on how you want to install one. Several members have them. If you want to put it in the NAV stock location, you will need a new Trim bezel. If you want to put it in the stock stereo location, you will only need the new face plate for the location. Do a search on the Clarion.

Definitely want to install it in the stock Navi location. Can I just get the Navi housing unit. Not sure what a "trim bezel" is.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
pqalfred97 said:
Definitely want to install it in the stock Navi location. Can I just get the Navi housing unit. Not sure what a "trim bezel" is.
The "navigation housing" is a trim bezel. Its the piece of dash that runs around the stereo from the bottom of the console, past the stereo, and fills the dish at the top of the dash with a NAV housing. Its close to $300 if I recall.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
92TripleBlack said:
The "navigation housing" is a trim bezel. Its the piece of dash that runs around the stereo from the bottom of the console, past the stereo, and fills the dish at the top of the dash with a NAV housing. Its close to $300 if I recall.
Thanks. I just saw a navigation trim on yournissanparts.com for $146. It's a start!

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
pqalfred97 said:
Thanks. I just saw a navigation trim on yournissanparts.com for $146. It's a start!
Good price. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.