Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the counter measure brake kit installed yesterday. According to Nissan, this should be the fix we have all been waiting for. The work done included new rotors, new pads, and a new bolt. ( I already had the new calipers and sliding pins installed on a previous visit) They also did some work on the rear brakes which included a resurfacing with new pads. The service writer stated that this was an inclusion for the counter measure brake fix. I hope this works, for this was our 5th brake fix (in 10,000 miles) that we have had performed. I hope all of you are able to get the new counter measure parts soon. As of now, I can feel a big difference in the stopping power, but time will be the true test.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Second brake problem...

I had the brakes (rotors) replaced due to the original mfg. problems... sadly, I am encountering the problem all over again... that faint little shimmy while braking -- indicating uneven wear on the rotors. Back in I go...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I'm going in on Tuesday to get the counter measure installed. It is good to hear that the rear pads are replaced as well. Maybe I can get a free tire rotation to boot. It is time.

Ken

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask and (hopefully) ye shall receive :)

Honestly, I believe that most dealerships are willing, and able, to do these extras (such as a tire rotation) for customers that ask. I think a lot of customers never ask because they assume the answer will be no. If you don't ask, you'll never know! We asked for an alignment at no cost, and we got it. :)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buckley - Are you sure you got the new countermeasure rotors, and not just a new original rotor? A couple of others, on the boards, were told they got the new countermeasure rotors, but they actually were just given new original rotors. It was a stall tactic. Hopefully that is the case for you, and the new countermeasure rotors are not warping again so soon. Let us know!

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I took my Armada into the dealer yesterday:

The counter measure brakes are installed - wait and see
The problem with the front windows rattling when partially down - fixed per the TSB
Free tire rotation - yea!

Ken

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Glad to hear the window TSB fixed you up- I've read other posts where the TSB didn't fix the problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Armada Brakes

Hi Folks,

I was reading the thread and figured I'd respond as I sat down with the service manager at our local Nissan dealer today. Here's what he told me.

1. Nissan has recalled all existing replacement rotors and pads.
2. The dealers are currently getting a trickle of the new rotors and pads
3. The TSB will be turned into a full out recall in the next few months

Regards

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
dearmada -- you have an excellent point. I 'thought' I received the new rotors -- but this was three months ago. Maybe they just replaced the original ones with the same type of set?! I'm taking 'er in next week and will let ya know.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Why, when, how did this brake fix start to get referred to as the "Counter Measure"
Sounds like something from X-Files or something.
Just curious.....

tbuckley - If you got your brakes done 3 months ago and were told you had the new ones, they lied. That's what happened to me. They made this big deal of that I was the first in CA. They even cleaned up the calibers to show me they were brand new. I bought in to it, and even thought the Armada was stopping way better than originally. Then last month the jutter came back. The Nissan dealer just played it off, and told me since I only brought in in 2 times already, they can only turn the rotors and replace pads again!
So I'm just driving around waiting for the shakes again.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I'm going in tommorrow for the rotors, I'll report back anything I find out.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
The dealer here in norcal said by the end of the month there should be a bigger supply of the new brake kit.

They just lathed mine and said next time the'll have the parts.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I got the countermeasures kit done last Friday the 13th; new front & rear pads, new front rotors, turned rear rotors, new hardware on the front calipers. Brakes work great.

I took a look at the service advisory from Nissan, and all of this work is dictated, not just recommended (including work on back brakes).

I was in 4 times for brakes in 20k miles.

Let's hope this is the real thing.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Is it possible to gat a copy of that advisory?

I bought a used 04 Armada from Carmax about a month ago and the shudder started on Saturday. Since I don't have a friendly face (salesperson) at the dealership I want to go in armed with the advisory and have them do the "final fix". My experience with dealerships hasn't been that great and I don't want to get the runaround or stuck with a bill for the repair.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
lemom law

I've Had My Brakes Fixed Three Times. A Friend Mentioned The "lemon Law" To Me. I Qualify For This And You All May, Too. In Virginia, The Code Section Is 59.1-207.10. Check Your State's Code, But The Law Is Called The Motor Vehicle Enforcement Act. I Have Sent All Of My Invoices, Etc., To A Lawyer And Contacted Nissan's Consumer Service Division. They Assured Me That I Will Get A Call From Some Big Shot Within 24 Hours. I'll Let You Know What Happens.

I Love My Vehicle, But I'm Done With This One; It's A Lemon. I'm Not Willing To Keep Taking Off Of Work To Drag It Down To The Dealership And Get Some Crappy Rental Every Three Months Any Longer, Not To Mention That This Is Potentially A Safety Issue.
I Got This Vehicle For The Great Towing Capacity To Haul My Horse Trailer. The Last Few Times I Hauled It, I Got Scared That It Wasn't Going To Stop A Few Times. That's When I Took It Up There Again And Got The Brakes "fixed" For The Third Time.

Is Anyone Else Out There Willing To File A Class Action Law Suit To Get Your Entire Purchase Price Back Or A New Vehicle?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
PumaFiveOh said:
Well before I purchased my Armada I was seriously looking into buying an Escalade EXT, the power and handling was awesome but the interior was kinda crappy....and I kept hearing that an Escalade or Navigator no matter how nice they look they're still American SUV's that will break down sooner or later.

Most mechanics I spoke with said the life expectancy of an Escalade and Navigator are around 80K-90K miles before seeing MAJOR problems. Anyway I decided to go with Nissan and figured the engine will last forever, plus the truck is awesome. But this didn't stop all the board members on my Mustang forums from ragging on me and talking **** saying how can you pick a Nissan over an Escalade bla bla bla....

Well folks, today I fell in love with my Armada more and it looks like I'm getting the last laugh. My coworker has an 03-04 Escalade and didn't show up for work the other day, when I saw him this morning he said that his SUV broke down on him. Apparently the escalade runs its tranny fluid through the radiator as well, and some seal busted causing all of the tranny fluid to get sucked into the coolant and into his block. Anyway his transmission overheated and seized....his block/ lines/ heater/radiator/ other hoses are all filled with tranny fluid and need to be replaced as well. They say that the engine might not be damaged but everything else has to be replaced.....NOT only that, but they DID NOT give him a rental because they said they aren't sure if this will be covered under warranty and also charged him $180 bucks for the initial test drive and diagnosis.

So all you Armada people bitching and moaning about a squeak or rattle.....please shut the hell up and quit your crying. Nissan is busting it's ass to make us happy and fix these minor issues...plus I have never been charged any "Diagnostic fees" and have always been given a rental for anything I took my Armada in for. BTW, my friends Escalade has 40K miles on it, and the mechanics told him that they have seen this before...but don't know why or how it happens. NICE ANSWER GUYS! ;)

PS- At least they called him yesterday and said they will cover it under warranty now....I'm amazed they were able to figure that part out!! I mean I always thought "Drivetrain" meant Engine and Transmission!! :rolleyes:
Yea? I think PumaFiveOH said what I feal

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
There is no recall and it has been on '05's also. Mine is in today. 1st time for breaks.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Recall for brakes

I thought I saw a thread about May timeframe that said that Nissan wouldrecall all for the permanent brake fix. Does anyone know if this is true or do we just have to fit the criteria (several rotor and pad replacements) to get the permanent fix.

I also bought this vehicle to pull a horse trailer (mentioned earlier in the thread) and I really am concerned if these brakes won't hold. I am not experiencing anything now but I know I have an early 04 and I would think my odds are not great.

Rhonda

AZARMADA said:
There is no recall and it has been on '05's also. Mine is in today. 1st time for breaks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts