Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Gibson Exhaust System and Active Tuning kit, was going to do it tomorrow but couldn't wait. Finished in the dark, so will have to wait until tomorrow to play. Now I just need the new Volant CAI and I am set.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Mada sounds awesome, definitely drawing some looks, pulled out of a neighborhood where a man was standing by his Mada in his drive way, he about broke his neck spinning around as I pulled away from the stop sign.
:awesome:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
226 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the gibson?
and how hard was the install (if you did it yourself...)?

thnx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
Any drone at cruising speed or does it just give you good sound under hard acceleration? Pics?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A slight Drone, I actually like it, if the radio is on, even at a low volume I don't hear the drone. When I step on it, I get a nice throaty sound. I keep turning down the radio just to listen to the sound. I love starting up the beast it has a real nice sound and lets you know there is something special under the hood. As for price, I got it from SoCal Motorsports for $499 + $25 for shipping. I have never done anything like this before and easily installed it myself. Just remove the spare tire first and it is easy. Took me about an hour to remove the old one and install the Gibson. I will try to get some pictures this week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
crash4444 said:
A slight Drone, I actually like it, if the radio is on, even at a low volume I don't hear the drone. When I step on it, I get a nice throaty sound. I keep turning down the radio just to listen to the sound. I love starting up the beast it has a real nice sound and lets you know there is something special under the hood. As for price, I got it from SoCal Motorsports for $499 + $25 for shipping. I have never done anything like this before and easily installed it myself. Just remove the spare tire first and it is easy. Took me about an hour to remove the old one and install the Gibson. I will try to get some pictures this week.
Was the $499 for aluminized or stainless? Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It was for the Stainless Steel, I had seen it cheaper than their regular price so they matched it. The place where I saw it cheaper, had terrible customer service reviews and slow shipping. I would think that SoCal would continue to match my price, of course just mention this forum. Mine came in a factory sealed box direct from the factory. Just talk with Tony.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
I'm really undecided between this system and the Magnaflow. Anyone have the Magnaflow?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
TooTall said:
I'm really undecided between this system and the Magnaflow. Anyone have the Magnaflow?
I would not go with the Magnaflow. It does not include the Y pipe, which is the most restrictive part of the stock system. Also it is not a easy bolt on system like the Gibson.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
Depends on how long you are going to keep the Armada, and how you drive. Your location isn't hard on the exhaust system. If you make a lot of short drives and plan to keep the Armada for more than about three years I would get the stainless. If you don't do much stop and go driving and short trips, and plan on getting something else in a couple of years the Aluminized system will be fine.
I did some looking around for my system, talked price with different dealers, and ended up getting my SS system for $475.00, delivered.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
scr38 said:
Depends on how long you are going to keep the Armada, and how you drive. Your location isn't hard on the exhaust system. If you make a lot of short drives and plan to keep the Armada for more than about three years I would get the stainless. If you don't do much stop and go driving and short trips, and plan on getting something else in a couple of years the Aluminized system will be fine.
I did some looking around for my system, talked price with different dealers, and ended up getting my SS system for $475.00, delivered.
Where did you get it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
Your price cant be any better? In this thread, SoCal Motorsports sold it for $499 plus $25 shipping.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top