Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 2005 deepwater blue Armada. She has a K&N intake with a flowmaster muffler, sounds and runs sweet. Full billet grill. 24" devino wheels. I removed everybit of the factory sound and video systems. Headunit is a Kenwood kvt-817dvd. It has a 7" touchsreen. It has real 5.1 surround and its amazing. Polk audio 6x9s and 6.5" components are running off a kicker kx650.4. Two kicker 10" solo x are being pushed by a kicker kx2500.1, they hit hard. Two tweeters in dash and center channel are using a kenwood kac-6402 4 channel amp to get their sound. Myron and Davis 9" screen in center overhead runs off a m&d dvd player in center console. Also have two 8" headrest monitor and two 8" sunvisor monitors,looks sweet from behind.Power is supplied by two redtop optima batteries which runs through a 8 farad soundstream hybrid capacitor(no dimming lights on this mada). Just recently added a IPOD interface. Here are some pics of the install and of course the finished product. Almost forgot all doors have Dynamat. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2261405 check it out
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
249 Posts
enriqueg453 said:
Here's my 2005 deepwater blue Armada. She has a K&N intake with a flowmaster muffler, sounds and runs sweet. Full billet grill. 24" devino wheels. I removed everybit of the factory sound and video systems. Headunit is a Kenwood kvt-817dvd. It has a 7" touchsreen. It has real 5.1 surround and its amazing. Polk audio 6x9s and 6.5" components are running off a kicker kx650.4. Two kicker 10" solo x are being pushed by a kicker kx2500.1, they hit hard. Two tweeters in dash and center channel are using a kenwood kac-6402 4 channel amp to get their sound. Myron and Davis 9" screen in center overhead runs off a m&d dvd player in center console. Also have two 8" headrest monitor and two 8" sunvisor monitors,looks sweet from behind.Power is supplied by two redtop optima batteries which runs through a 8 farad soundstream hybrid capacitor(no dimming lights on this mada). Just recently added a IPOD interface. Here are some pics of the install and of course the finished product. Almost forgot all doors have Dynamat. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2261405 check it out
How many thousands did that cost.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
Nice

Very nice!!!, clean install too. If you didnt do this yourself, I know it cost a small fortune.......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Nice System

Looks great and I know it sounds good, but where do you put luggage, bags of mulch, tools, etc? Can't even put the 3rd row seat down anymore. Kinda defeats the purpose a bit. I hope you got a trailer with the install. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
180 Posts
enriqueg453 said:
Here's my 2005 deepwater blue Armada. She has a K&N intake with a flowmaster muffler, sounds and runs sweet. Full billet grill. 24" devino wheels. I removed everybit of the factory sound and video systems. Headunit is a Kenwood kvt-817dvd. It has a 7" touchsreen. It has real 5.1 surround and its amazing. Polk audio 6x9s and 6.5" components are running off a kicker kx650.4. Two kicker 10" solo x are being pushed by a kicker kx2500.1, they hit hard. Two tweeters in dash and center channel are using a kenwood kac-6402 4 channel amp to get their sound. Myron and Davis 9" screen in center overhead runs off a m&d dvd player in center console. Also have two 8" headrest monitor and two 8" sunvisor monitors,looks sweet from behind.Power is supplied by two redtop optima batteries which runs through a 8 farad soundstream hybrid capacitor(no dimming lights on this mada). Just recently added a IPOD interface. Here are some pics of the install and of course the finished product. Almost forgot all doors have Dynamat. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2261405 check it out
Very nice.....I am getting getting ready to install about 3000 watts in my Mada myself and it's good to know that the beast will take the extra electrical load...Couple of questions for you....Where did you put the second redtop? Also are both of you Kicker amps installed under the 3rd row? No alternator upgrade?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both redtops are under the hood. Its tight but they do fit. Both amps are under the third row. So far the alternator seems to be keeping up but I am going to upgrade it anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FL_Crushin said:
Looks great and I know it sounds good, but where do you put luggage, bags of mulch, tools, etc? Can't even put the 3rd row seat down anymore. Kinda defeats the purpose a bit. I hope you got a trailer with the install. :)
I have a truck to do all of that. This mada is preety much just to get in and cruise. If I ever do take it on long trip I'll probably buy a storage that goes on the luggage rack or one that goes on the hitch. For now she'll just be cruising.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
manny0 said:
could you post a pic of the red tops under the hood.


never mind i see it.

thanks
Here's a close up. I posted the one on cardomain late. I also have an isolator behind the water resovoir. I'll try to take a pic, but it's well hidden. That allows me to play the system for a good while and still start the engine with no problem.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
117 Posts
enriqueg453 said:
Here's my 2005 deepwater blue Armada. She has a K&N intake with a flowmaster muffler, sounds and runs sweet. Full billet grill. 24" devino wheels. I removed everybit of the factory sound and video systems. Headunit is a Kenwood kvt-817dvd. It has a 7" touchsreen. It has real 5.1 surround and its amazing. Polk audio 6x9s and 6.5" components are running off a kicker kx650.4. Two kicker 10" solo x are being pushed by a kicker kx2500.1, they hit hard. Two tweeters in dash and center channel are using a kenwood kac-6402 4 channel amp to get their sound. Myron and Davis 9" screen in center overhead runs off a m&d dvd player in center console. Also have two 8" headrest monitor and two 8" sunvisor monitors,looks sweet from behind.Power is supplied by two redtop optima batteries which runs through a 8 farad soundstream hybrid capacitor(no dimming lights on this mada). Just recently added a IPOD interface. Here are some pics of the install and of course the finished product. Almost forgot all doors have Dynamat. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2261405 check it out


the monitors look great...but i hate your box....its too big and ugly...it looks like you have more than 4 cu. ft. in a vented box.. those subs would run much better in a 2 cu.ft. sealed box....half the size of what you got.
IMHO its toooo big and ugly... get a smaller and better looking/designed non square box...and i'm 100% sure you are rattleing the hell out of the liftgate by facing them back, i dont care how much dynamat you put
get a smaller and better looking/designed non square box... it will look and sound better.


fiddlyD
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fiddlyD said:
the monitors look great...but i hate your box....its too big and ugly...it looks like you have more than 4 cu. ft. in a vented box.. those subs would run much better in a 2 cu.ft. sealed box....half the size of what you got.
IMHO its toooo big and ugly... get a smaller and better looking/designed non square box...and i'm 100% sure you are rattleing the hell out of the liftgate by facing them back, i dont care how much dynamat you put
get a smaller and better looking/designed non square box... it will look and sound better.


fiddlyD
I know its big. Thats the smallest ported design in the manual. The installers told me that those subs are made to hit deeper with that box opposed to a sealed box. Give me time It will look better back there. The wiper is what makes most of the noise.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
79 Posts
Need to see better picture of wheels.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
169 Posts
enriqueg453 said:
I know its big. Thats the smallest ported design in the manual. The installers told me that those subs are made to hit deeper with that box opposed to a sealed box. Give me time It will look better back there. The wiper is what makes most of the noise.

The one thing I find funny is that no one here has stated that when it comes to Bass in Suv if you get the right size sub you won't really need a BOX because you are driving one. I've seen SUV's with 4 8's in the back all on one board and mounted across the back. It was an earlier truck but what the owner explained to me that any type vehicle with the "hatch back" type rear you don't need to add all that weight with wood. Proper design and wiring skills you can turn your truck into the "BOX". I was driving a VW GTI at the time with 2 12's in a box and his 4 8's put me to shame. I was like :eek:

K
 

·
SHIFT_Moderator
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
enriqueg453 said:
I know its big. Thats the smallest ported design in the manual. The installers told me that those subs are made to hit deeper with that box opposed to a sealed box. Give me time It will look better back there. The wiper is what makes most of the noise.
If that's what you like, then it's cool!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top