Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Been a member since early summer but visit nearly everyday to learn more. My Armada (the Rhino) is a 2004 LE. just turned over 160k. Pretty cool rig. I bought it with what I thought was just a manifold gasket sound. Hey, I know better now! Just purchased the Cajun B pipes stage one and the UpRev. Everything should be here late this week or early next.
This is my question: UpRev appears to only work in Windows 8 or above, no problem there, except I don't run Windows. Not Apple either. Yes, I am one of those goofy Linux users. I am pretty good at setting up and using VM's. Currently I am using a VM for my Mercedes software and another VM for my Volvo Vida/Dice gear, (thats Volvos' proprietary dealer stuff.) I know that UpRev works in a VM with Apple, so my guess is it will also work in a VM in Linux. If anyone has any hints or suggestions that would be helpful.
I contacted UpRev directly and they said it only works with windows, which I kinda figured that out, but they had no idea if it would work within a VM. Said it might "brick" my ECU. Probably not gonna happen, but who knows?
Taken her down Padre Island seashore a few times to drive on the sand, works pretty well. I am truly impressed with this vehicle.
Sorry for the long windedness, I'll do a before and after vid once all the parts arrive. Wow, so excited!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Keep us informed on the VM! I'm a pesky Linux user as well (Slackware), but I have a laptop I keep on Windows for funky software like this.

I ended up with stock exhaust manifolds and the BullyDog tuner and have been relatively happy with them, but sometimes I wish I had just a bit more oomph.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep us informed on the VM! I'm a pesky Linux user as well (Slackware), but I have a laptop I keep on Windows for funky software like this.

I ended up with stock exhaust manifolds and the BullyDog tuner and have been relatively happy with them, but sometimes I wish I had just a bit more oomph.
I installed a windows 8 appliance yesterday and downloaded the UpRev tuning suite. It all installed fine, just waiting for the cable to hook it all up. If the cable communicates with the Armada, all should be fine. I'll keep you posted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts