Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I'm a new member. Just bought my Armada about a month ago. And yes, I do luv my Armada. My wife wanted a Tahoe and I said lets look at the Armada. I'm a big Nissan fan. I've really good luck with several different ones. 250K on an 86 Hardbody SE V6 that I resurrected from junk. Lots of good info on here. I'm just starting an audio/video business on the side (I'm an instrument tech by trade). I'm looking forward to doing some mods on mine, but I think my wife is a little scared. (we've only been together for 7 mos., #3 for both of us). I guess thats more than enough about me.

See ya,
Dave

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Welcome Aboard!! Glad to hear you like the Armada -- I definitely like mine. Better not go too crazy on the mods -- at least give your new wife some time to acclimate.... Let's hope 3rd times a charm!!! hehe...

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
New to the Forum

What's going on! My name is Paul and I just picked up my New '05 LE last night. Was checking the web for a big brake kit to alleviate the issues everyone bitches about, and a cold air intake. Found the forum and have had great experiences on forums in the past, so, hopefully I can gain, and add some value here! Thanks for reading,

Paul

05 deep water LE loaded
01 A4 Quattro Loaded

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Welcome! You might want to hold off on the brake kit- the permanent fix is excellent- no dust and she'll stop on a dime! I'd hammer the dealer to get you fixed up (for free) and then go from there. Of course with an '05 you might have the correct brake parts on already. Did you check your build date? From what I recall anything built after May of this year has the new parts. (At least that's what I've been seeing posted around the net)

Nice to see you guys on the forums! Feel free to post often.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I will be checking into that today at lunch! Hoping for the post May build time. I may also to the BBK anyway, just to get a bigger brake presence for the larger wheels that are coming no doubt! ;) Read that BBK may void Nissans warrenty? this is my first Nissan, do they not play well in the aftermarket world?

Thanks for the info!
Paul

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The aftermarket brakes won't void the entire warranty, just the warranty on the brakes. That is understandable, we can't expect Nissan to warranty something that isn't theirs.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Understandable! Just wanted to make sure that we were only talking the brake warranty. Thanks for the info SCR38.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Does a CAI or catback void any part of the warranty?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
masterwong said:
Does a CAI or catback void any part of the warranty?
No. Do a search for warranty. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts