Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes are starting to judder and want to get them fixed. But before I take it in and they tell me they never heard this before, I just want to make sure I don't have to pay anything.

So, when you get the brake fixes, are you paying?

(thanks for any help, been a lurker for awhile, but finally joined. Great place to find info!)

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
It is covered under warranty. There will be no cost to you.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Brakes

Nissan is replacing the rotors & front & rear pads at no cost to you. If your dealer is telling you they never heard of the problem they are lying. You may want to switch dealers if it is convenient. Every 2004 Armada & Titan, & most 2005s have this problem.

Before they ordered the new redesigned part, my dealer replace the rotors & pads, and also resurfaced the rotors.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I just took my Armada in for the 3rd time to get the brakes fixed. The dealer said that they have NO fix for the brakes. All they are doing is resurfacing the rotors and sending them back out. He aslo said he gets 25 to 30 Armadas and Titans with brakes problems everyday...I called Nissan today and got the buy back (Lemon Law)process started. I am paying too much and dont have enough time to bring it back every few months. My Armada is 6 months old

Dealer also said that 05 models have the same problem

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Your service advisor must have his head buried deep, because Nissan released the permanent brake fix parts a week or so ago. Now we just wait a few weeks as they get supply to all of the dealers.

No sense lemoning it now, particularly for the brake issues, unless you've got other major problems. Lord knows many of us have had our share (especially those of us with the early '04 models) but it seems Nissan is finally stepping up and working to make everyone happy.

I'd switch dealers if that's an option for you for service.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
lemon law

I need to start filing for the lemon law. Could you walk me through. I had my Armada since March of 2004.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
you still have not stated why you wish to file a lemon law suit against Nissan.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
BMF said:
My brakes are starting to judder and want to get them fixed. But before I take it in and they tell me they never heard this before, I just want to make sure I don't have to pay anything.

So, when you get the brake fixes, are you paying?

(thanks for any help, been a lurker for awhile, but finally joined. Great place to find info!)
Nissan posted a bulletin about the brake jutter problem (as they call it). I did not pay a cent. Antelope Valley Nissan in CA said they will honor it as warranty work. Took 3 and a half hours to install the new rotors and calipers, and turn the rear rotors and install new pads on them as well.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Did they actually replace the calipers or teh caliper hardware?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Part Numbers For Brake Fix

masterwong said:
Did they actually replace the calipers or teh caliper hardware?
Here is what they replaced on mine;
2 40206-ZC01A ROTOR DISC
1 44060-ZC025 PAD KIT-DI
1 41060-ZC025 PAD KIT -
4 41005-7S000 BOLT

There were a few other numbers, and a line that specifically said:
PART#: 40206ZCO1A

I have not checked against the TSB but would hope these match!
Best part was under total " (N/C) " :)
No calipers,only rotors, bolts, pads turned rear rotors. One of those pad kits should be the front and the other the rear.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I wish we could pay extra to have them put in ceramic pads when they are replacing the other stuff under the warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
UNIT said:
I just took my Armada in for the 3rd time to get the brakes fixed. The dealer said that they have NO fix for the brakes. All they are doing is resurfacing the rotors and sending them back out. He aslo said he gets 25 to 30 Armadas and Titans with brakes problems everyday...I called Nissan today and got the buy back (Lemon Law)process started. I am paying too much and dont have enough time to bring it back every few months. My Armada is 6 months old

Dealer also said that 05 models have the same problem
Bsd dealer. Instead of filing for lemon, go to a real dealer and get the replacement brake parts. Done. Then call Nissan and complain about the bad dealer. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
d5aces said:
I need to start filing for the lemon law. Could you walk me through. I had my Armada since March of 2004.
Why? Dealers, will, at least are supposed to fix everything that is wrong. Lemon just lets you get out of your financing, and then you have to buy something else. Worse still, Armada was rated #1 in quality satisfaction and higher than Sequoia and Tundra for initial quality, for the 2004 model. What are you going to replace it with?

Go to the dealer and get the stuff fixed. If it is brakes only, you're crazy to lemon it. If you have a bad trans or motor or 5 other things they can't fix after 2 visits, then lemon. Usually when you lemon, you loose big money wise as they deduct the mileage you have driven from the value of the vehicle, though it varies by state. ;)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
The front discs, calipers and pads were replaced. The rear rotors were turned, and only new pads installed. For all those people who are having a problem with their dealership (Not knowing about the Brake Jutter as THEY call it), there is a website that has all the bulletins on Armada (and other nissan) problems. I forgot who posted it here, but I believe it is www.nissanhelp.com.

Masterwong, how do you like the Goodyear Eagles on your ride?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I love the ride of my Eagles. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I know based on the GoodYear website my tire are supposed to be one of the better riding tires they make.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts