Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I Became A Member Today Because I Just Realized I Am Having Braking Problems(I Guess It's The Rotors). I Just Noticed My Steering Wheel Shaking When I Brake. Especially When You Have To Stop Fast On The Highway. I Bought This 2005 Armada Le In White Back In January. It Just Hit 3000 Miles. I Loved Driving This Car, Until Yesterday Morning. I Had To Make A Appointment For This Monday For Them To Check The Rotors. Hopefully It Will Be Addressed And No Worries From Here. Yeah Right, Not After All These Horror Stories I Read Today. I Just Can't Believe Something Is Wrong Already. I Traded A 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer In For The Armada. My Ford Was Brand New With Only 8 Miles After Test Driving It. I Only Had 36,000 Miles On It And It Started Having Major Electrical Problems. It Was Also Having Water Leakage Problems Through The Front Dash. Basically It Just Went Haywire One Day. Never Buy A Ford.
Well As For Now My Main Concern Is The Braking Situation. I Also Wanted To Know If Anyone Out There Hears A Clicking/Ticking Noise From Under The Front Or Front Side Of The Car?????(Not Really Sure Where It Comes From) Especially When The Car Sits For A Long Time And Then You Put Into Reverse And It Makes Clicking Sounds. It Also Makes The Clicking Sounds When You Come To A Stop And Take Off. It Doesn't Always Make The Sound, But It Does It Enough To Annoy Me. Especially When You Have No Music On And The Windows Are Open. People Think I'm Crazy Because I Keep Picking On That Certain Sound. Am I??? Well After Hearing The Stories From Everyone I'm Not Sure If It's Suppose To Make These Clicking Sounds Or Not. Just Try Yours A Few Days In A Row With No Music(I Know It's Hard) But Listen Closely. It Will Just Make The Noise. I Don't Know How Long This Has Been Happening Because Of All The Cold Days Here. We Had A Few Days Of Nice Weather And I Can Hear The Noise From Under Because I Have My Windows Down. Does Anyone Know If This Is A Regular Sound? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Don't Get Me Wrong After All I Wrote. I Truly Love My Armada. I Would Never Trade It In. If You Drive A Ford Expedition, You'll See Why I Love Armadas. The Only Thing I Could Say Good About The Expedition Is The Space Was Nice Between The Front And Second Row. I Just Can't Believe How Well The Armada Handles. I Had 4 Maximas In The Past But Needed A Bigger Car When I Had Kids. Nissan Finally Made A 8 Passenger Suv And I Am Proud To Own One Despite The Problems So Far. I Love Driving It! You Basically Can Just Whip It Like A Car, But It's A Suv. Boy Do Heads Turn When I'm Driving It. People Always Ask Me "What Are You Driving??????" They Always Say They Think It Looks Sharp(And I Don't Even Have Anything Added, Just The Stock Le Model). Well I Hope To Hear From Someone On Here That Can Help Me. Thanks And Bye For Now. MAY 1, 2005

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Welcome, I am a new member also (1 week now). There is a lot of great info on this site.

I traded in a 04 4runner for my MADA. I knew about the brake issue before I bought the MADA and know that Nissan will get this issue fixed. Lucky for you and I we are newer owners and I do not expect to take as many trips to the dealer as the 1st owners. A lot of the bugs have been found and the fixes are known. Most of the dealers seem to be cool and wanted to get things fixed. I have owned Fords in the past also and if all I had to deal with was a break issue that can and will be fixed and the “Clicking/Ticking” noise you are hearing, well life is good.

I do get the clicking sound well it is more of a hard clunk going into reverse if I am parked on an incline (but we don’t have many inclines here in AZ) it seems to be that way in all of them and I do not know if that has been addressed with Nissan or if that is here to stay.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
No worries. The permanent brake fix is out now, and I think there's a TSB for your ticking as well. They should be able to fix you up.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
About the ticking/clicking sound...I read in the owners manual that the brake system performs a self check on engine start and mentioned something about that. I wonder if that's what it is? I hear the same thing...

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
There is a TSB on the clicking noise coming from the rear end. I also have a 2005 White Armada that has the clicking noise. The dealer that I went to was very reluctant to believe that the TSB which is listed for a 2004 applied to my 2005. At first they blamed the problem on the 20" wheels that I added. I made them install the spare tire and see if the noise went away; it didn't so they agreed with me that the TSB applied. They had to order the parts so I am still stuck with the clicking noise. I also have the problem with the brakes but it took almost 4000 miles before I noticed it. Here is the link to the TSB:

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2004/NTB04-113.htm

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Brakes are now available at dealer for free upgrades. Clicking is just grease in the rear hubs. TSB above covers it. I had it, went to dealer, and its been fine since.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up. I went in for my first brake problem yesterday. I also asked them to check for that annoying clicking noise. I tried to describe the sound to the service man but he wasn't to sure what I was talking about. I brought a copy of the tsb on clicking in rear axles(thanks for the tip). He willingly took the copy. I also mentioned that I have a slight alignment problem. What was wonderful was as soon as he backed up on a slope it was clicking like crazy and he heard it too. My husband never drives the Armada(he has a company car). He thought I was nit picking every little thing. I drove this car to Atlantic City(around 3 hrs.) twice and to Philly twice and I really felt the bad braking problem. Around town I really can't feel it shake as much. So you owners that haven't had to go in for service, try taking a long trip and test your brakes(thats how I discovered the problem). Anyway, my first service was good. I just got my rotors turned/smoothed out(I guess not bad enough to replace yet), unless they were lying. My brakes were also changed. I also got a alignment. Well for the clicking/ticking noise they are ordering parts and said it was exactly what was on the tsb. Everything under warranty. Happy Happy Happy. Thanks again guys for helping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
New owner

Hi All,

Well we too took the plunge and became Armada owners; we are picking it up May 13th. We bought an 04 silver LE with 17,000 Kilometers (metric)Navigation, DVD and the wood trim kit (I haven't been able to find much mention of this wood trim option, but it sure adds to the look of the interior).

Re: brake - I too noticed the shimmy in braking and am waiting for them to look at it prior to picking it up next Friday. Any suggestions on what, if anything, I should tell them about problems you guys have had with braking?

RE: wind noise - I read on one of the forums that interrior wind noise is fairly common. I noticed this as well and have asked them to fix it. Any suggestions on what, if anything, I should tell them about this problem?

I love the look of the Armada and am planning on buying a travel trailer next summer.

Great idea to have this forum.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
No doubt they know all about the brakes, seeing as how manyTitans and Armadas have this issue and Nissan just released (finally) the permanent fix.

As for wind noise, I would double check that your '04 doesn't have the "cabin boom" that affected a lot of the early models. Ask them if they performed the roof TSB. There's another TSB for rear window noise too:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissan/TSB/Apr/54569.asp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts