Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i'm glad that i found this site. i have been reading the posts for about 2 weeks and decided to join yesterday. i have a new 2004 grey armada se 4x4. it is the first suv that i have owned i have had it for 3 weeks and started out with 127 miles now up to 1000, so far i love it except for the gas mileage 13.89 mpg mixed driving . i hope it gets better but it's not any worse than all of the other makes of suvs with similiar engines and set up.
thanks for letting me be a part of the club.
gary

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Welcome to the Club Gary,
Glad you joined and hope that you enjoy that Mada.
The Armada is deifiately not the vehicle to get for good gas mileage. It is the right vehicle for someone who wants a lot of room, a lot of power, and a really classy ride. You still got a little more driving to do to get her broke in good. Maybe try swapping to synthetic oil and a performance mod or two. I know after adding the Volant intake and aftermarket exhaust I gained about 1.5 mpg.
good luck
m4ck

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks m4ck, for the welcome and the advice. yeah, if your looking for good gas mileage, you are not looking at the armada. i love "my wife's" new armada, and we don't have very far to drive to work, so that makes it better. thanks for the tips on the intake and the synthetic oil, i will have to give it a try real soon. i read somewhere that you had to wait for so many miles before using synthetic oil, is that correct? if so, that won't be a problem, i was just curious. i'm sure i will be asking a lot of questions in the future, so thanks alot in advance.
gary

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I've heard that you should wait until at least 3k before switching to synthetic. I know I didn't start getting better mileage till she broke in. I'm averaging between 15-16 now. Welcome to clubarmada!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts