Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Armada SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
new member here , just bought a 2008 Nissan Armada SE with 224000 miles .Also have a1989 Chevy Suburban with 135000 miles . Both set up to pull a 24' TT . Haven't pulled trailer yet with Armada , except around the block to set up hitch .Trailer weigh 4500 lbs dry . Bought the Nissan for every day running and pulling trailer . Much quieter than the suburban .
Dan

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Armada SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the club, Daniel! Nice to have you here and congrats. Just about everything you could ever want to know about your new ride can be found here.
thanks , forums are always a good source of valuable information
and Carid is a good place for parts and accessories . have been a customer for a few years now .

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Welcome aboard... You'll find that most of the folks here are experienced Haulers. So you find alot of information on how your beast does in this regard in here. WOW 224K !!! and still going STRONG!

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Armada SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard... You'll find that most of the folks here are experienced Haulers. So you find alot of information on how your beast does in this regard in here. WOW 224K !!! and still going STRONG!
Thanks ,
I am the third owner , first owner was a dealer who only put 7k miles on it ,according to the second owner who did the remainder . So far I only put about 400 miles , a new battery , 4 new Michelins , an AC recharge . Would love to swap the radio with one that has nav and bluetooth .

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Thanks ,
I am the third owner , first owner was a dealer who only put 7k miles on it ,according to the second owner who did the remainder . So far I only put about 400 miles , a new battery , 4 new Michelins , an AC recharge . Would love to swap the radio with one that has nav and bluetooth .
I wouldn't bother with the swap (NAV and Bluetooth) ... the ones that come with this generation are antiquated and problematic. If you have XM radio feature on your head unit, go with a Bluetooth aftermarket adaptor and use your mobile device to connect to head unit for NAV and Bluetooth connections. That's what I did with my 2013. SV. Expensive but this is what I had installed back in 2015. USA Spec BT45-NIS Add Bluetooth® to select 1999-2014 Nissan vehicles with or without satellite radio at Crutchfield

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Armada SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't bother with the swap (NAV and Bluetooth) ... the ones that come with this generation are antiquated and problematic. If you have XM radio feature on your head unit, go with a Bluetooth aftermarket adaptor and use your mobile device to connect to head unit for NAV and Bluetooth connections. That's what I did with my 2013. SV. Expensive but this is what I had installed back in 2015. USA Spec BT45-NIS Add Bluetooth® to select 1999-2014 Nissan vehicles with or without satellite radio at Crutchfield
$172 is a little much for me for bluetooth only . using a Garmin 65 now , does fairly well with phone .
no good location on dash for it thou . it does have voice command , but like the unit to be reachable while driving sometimes , like when gps doesn't understand command .:confused:

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
$172 is a little much for me for bluetooth only . using a Garmin 65 now , does fairly well with phone .
no good location on dash for it thou . it does have voice command , but like the unit to be reachable while driving sometimes , like when gps doesn't understand command .:confused:
Aftermarket NAV is your best option... the 1st Gen NAV units have no option to upgrade the maps. I don't really use NAV at all. But I've tried using my device's map apps and they work fairly well giving me audio directions thru my Bluetooth upgrade mentioned above.

Funny that I'm talking about the aftermarket Bluetooth I bought. Because now after 6+ yrs. of constant use. Its now acting strange... not showing the current music title playing anymore. Hmmm

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
the first gen navs USED to be updated by DVDs, btu there are no more updates being made for the first gens now so its moot.
i also agree, aftermarket maps are much better than the 2019 and prior cars. i think the new 2020+ cars have carplay now so much better options there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts