Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not get the dvd package, can you get after market to fit in the overhead?? Best buy said no, i will continue to look. If no after market should i let nissan install one? no squeaks or rattles in mine "Knock on wood". Very nice truck i am really impressed. I have a 2003 G35 looked at the Q56 sticker shock!!!! Only had it for 4 days but loving every minute of it. Everybody who see's it loves it. Room for days in side. Oh well any help on the dvd?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
seadoo said:
I did not get the dvd package, can you get after market to fit in the overhead?? Best buy said no, i will continue to look. If no after market should i let nissan install one? no squeaks or rattles in mine "Knock on wood". Very nice truck i am really impressed. I have a 2003 G35 looked at the Q56 sticker shock!!!! Only had it for 4 days but loving every minute of it. Everybody who see's it loves it. Room for days in side. Oh well any help on the dvd?
go to another store, maybe try one that speacializes in auto a/v. I know I have seen a site that walks you through on how to install their aftermarket dvd monitor in the Armada's overhead housing. I try to find the link.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I've read many people having trouble getting squeaks/rattles fixed after installing aftermarket monitors due to a 'weight issue.' Just my $0.02, but it might be safe to take a look at the weight of the OEM monitor (if available) vs. whatever monitor you purchase for insurance just in case your Armada starts squeakin'. Trust me, it's a pain dealing with the service department on a completely stock Armada...

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
OffRoadinArmada said:
I've read many people having trouble getting squeaks/rattles fixed after installing aftermarket monitors due to a 'weight issue.' Just my $0.02, but it might be safe to take a look at the weight of the OEM monitor (if available) vs. whatever monitor you purchase for insurance just in case your Armada starts squeakin'. Trust me, it's a pain dealing with the service department on a completely stock Armada...
that was my concern. i think the best option for me is to simply put 2 after-market dvd monitors in the headrests.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
seadoo said:
You can put one in there. Here's a photo If you don't have a sunroof there is sufficient support for a monitor. Here's another option if you don't have the sunroof. I think he paid $600 for the dealer to install http://www.icon-tv.org/Overhead Monitors.1.html

I have a sunroof and the support is weak! I don't get rattles from it but the monitor vibrates. They have a fix using a new bracket but they only supplying it for the factory system... :mad: The dealer gave me hell getting the resonance fix done trying to blame it on the monitor...until I provided proof that my monitor only weighed 2/3 of the factory monitor...After talking with the service manager I found out it was a lazy tech not wanting to do the work.

I paid a shop $125 to put in the monitor. After seeing them do it I could of done it my self. Here is a link to another armada owners video upgrade with some step by step. http://www.geocities.com/armadafication/

They factory screen is like $1200 for the replacement so I wouldn't go that route. The bracket to fix the monitor shake is like $400 also.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Wow!

llajumpvid said:
You can put one in there. Here's a photo If you don't have a sunroof there is sufficient support for a monitor. Here's another option if you don't have the sunroof. I think he paid $600 for the dealer to install http://www.icon-tv.org/Overhead Monitors.1.html

I have a sunroof and the support is weak! I don't get rattles from it but the monitor vibrates. They have a fix using a new bracket but they only supplying it for the factory system... :mad: The dealer gave me hell getting the resonance fix done trying to blame it on the monitor...until I provided proof that my monitor only weighed 2/3 of the factory monitor...After talking with the service manager I found out it was a lazy tech not wanting to do the work.

I paid a shop $125 to put in the monitor. After seeing them do it I could of done it my self. Here is a link to another armada owners video upgrade with some step by step. http://www.geocities.com/armadafication/

They factory screen is like $1200 for the replacement so I wouldn't go that route. The bracket to fix the monitor shake is like $400 also.
Hellow!! I have been looking for some pictures to show the Audio / Video store that it can be done. Hopefully they can get really creative when I go and start window shopping. I like the first one that looked like a 10 inch monitor installed. The last one from Armadification is really cool, but don't want to place a 7 inch in the middle(although it looks cool!).

Can anyone inform me who can do such installation in the San Diego area? at a substantial cost? I have been looking and the ridiculous price I have heard is about $3K from Tweeter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
r8tdr
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing