Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted double duty car: a tow vehicle for my racecar and a family hauler for two small kids. Shopped the Ford Superduty Diesel - spouse did not want to drive a pickup truck. Decided to go with a full size SUV with higher end towing capacity. The Armada fits the bill!

We pulled a 7000+ lb trailer 1500 miles with no problem - class IV hitch from Nissan is a thing of beauty.

Got lots of brake dust and will check the pads this weekend. Anyone use aftermarket pads/rotors with good results? I understand the brakes are notorious...

Got a truck with no factory DVD, so we put one in at the dealer. Trouble is they run the sound through the FM radio - 88.7 MHz - and I get a lot of static.

Anyone put in an aftermarket DVD player with good results?

Thanks for any insight!

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Welcome to ClubArmada. I (and many others) have had good luck with the Carbotech ceramic pads. You can get them from MossyPerformance, one of our sponsers, Look under our Site Sponsers section. Contact Greg V for information.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW I checked my brakes - my truck was built in 02-05 - the rotors appear to be the new ones as shown on the Mossy Performance Web site. 2500 miles, 1500 towing a 7000lb trailer - brakes look great and thick. No warping in the rotor.

What motor oil is everyone using? Nice you can change the oil without jacking it up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts