Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Armada SE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I bought this Armada SE wrecked with a salvage title from Copart in June of this year. Gave it a second chance at life and got it fixed and now has a rebuilt title. Has 276k miles but runs great and seems to have been well taken care of. Has leather, tow package, and sunroof. Plan on getting the bumper painted, maybe adding 20’s, and a muffler.

Before:
Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

After:
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2007 QX56 RWD
14 Posts
Very nice Armada! I bought my 07 QX56 with about 172,000 on it two years ago. It's up to 190,000 now. Drivetrain wise, it still runs as strong as the day I bought it.

Weird things happen to me. I thought I heard an odd klunk coming from the back end, like the tailgate window wasnt latched properly. When we got to our destination, I walked around and grabbed the handle mounted on the glass to see if it was unlatched. The tailgate window came off of the vehicle in my hands! It turns out to be fairly common on older, high mileage Qs and Armadas. Both the window hinge bolts had broken.🙄

More recently, my wife and I had just finished emptying out her old house (sold) and had an afternoon closing appointment. She took off in her pickup truck. I was thirty seconds after her in the Absquatulator. I get in, starts up great, put shifter into D and....vrooooom in place.🤣🤣🤣 It was fine a few hours earlier in the day. The shift linkage had broken! Got it towed to shop and we just barely made it to the closing on time.

This truck made a trip from Ocala, FL to NOLA and back full of women, luggage, and a carrier thing on top and back, without a hiccup. I drove it from Ocala to southern Alabama with no problems, loaded withhousehold goods in the back.

I guess the point I'm making is that the Armada/QX56 platform from back in the day is sturdy as hell drivetrain-wise. You'll replace a battery, a starter, maybe an alternator, other pieces here and there, but the full frame V8 truck guts are amazingly tough.

I don't plan on towing anything at all, so mine has an easy life. Recently, before moving to Alabama, we spent a wad of cash having the stock shocks and struts replaced. Man, what a difference it made. Much easier on my bad back. My wife loves her Ram 1500, but she also likes driving the Q. 😁

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very impressive restoration! Glad you found the Armadans. My 05 has 235K on it, has driven me from PA to the Florida Keys and back, not to mention about ten trips to SC. As was said, you may have to replace or upgrade some stuff and put some work in. The baby demands attention occasionally, but it will take you there and back again, pulling weight the whole time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts