Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Armada SL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just took ownership of my 2020 Armada. Came from a 2013 Flex. Absolutely loved that thing however excited to have an actual SUV versus a cross. Some things I love and some things I want to improve

Like the AVM, Auto dimming mirrors, Adaptive cruise

Need to change instrument cluster. Feels crazy outdated. Not sure if I can slip a 2021 model in there somehow but I'm sure the forums have some info. I also want to upgrade the mirror to a LCD one with a camera but I'm nervous it'll break the side view mirrors ability to auto dim.

Other than that so far I love it! Thought I would have a bigger issue with the gas mileage from what I read here but surprisingly it's not that bad for this beast!

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
37 Posts
Welcome to the club! I also have a second gen, lifted 3 inches on 35's. Before the lift, I drove from Delaware to Memphis and back, and enjoyed around 18 mpg. This summer, post-lift, we did a trip to Myrtle Beach and back, and I "enjoyed" 15mpg. I aways said I wasn't buying the Armada for the fuel economy...

We all have certain things about the 'Mada that we would or wouldn't rather have, but it's been a stellar vehicle for us and I'm very happy with how it's served the family! I hope you enjoy the ride as much as we have!

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Armada SL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely agree here. Looking at the Flex it only drops one MPG. Thinking about that V8 with similar mileage to the V6 I’d say I’m doing alright! To your point we don’t get these to micro manage those MPGs. Thanks for the reply and nice Mada!

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
37 Posts
There is a great article about the Flex being a wolf in sheep's clothing. I won't put in the time to trying to link it here, but it talked about the engine being the same as the F150 and the power to weight ratio, and the potential the Flex had.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Armada SL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I absolutely LOVED that vehicle. The style you either loved or hated. I Loved it. the inside seating was slightly roomier than this one, but I don't mind the cut in room for an actual SUV plus she sits nice and tall! I was going to get another one because mine was getting long in the tooth and had 277k miles on it. Also, there was a fear that ANY day that water pump was going to go out and if you know those Ford 3.5 engines you know that's not a small job. Unfortunately, I couldn't find another one that wasn't under 100k miles or just super base trim. However, I'm glad it worked out the way it did because it popped me RIGHT into the silver beast!

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
242 Posts
I absolutely LOVED that vehicle. The style you either loved or hated. I Loved it. the inside seating was slightly roomier than this one, but I don't mind the cut in room for an actual SUV plus she sits nice and tall! I was going to get another one because mine was getting long in the tooth and had 277k miles on it. Also, there was a fear that ANY day that water pump was going to go out and if you know those Ford 3.5 engines you know that's not a small job. Unfortunately, I couldn't find another one that wasn't under 100k miles or just super base trim. However, I'm glad it worked out the way it did because it popped me RIGHT into the silver beast!
We drove a Flex for several years and I think it may be one of the best road-trip vehicles out there. The seats are super comfortable and the space is so flexible (no pun intended). I've always driven trucks but we are loving the Armada as a family ride. The space, power, comfort, everything is great. I just unhooked all of the rear seat belt nannies (did the same thing in my Titan) because the chimes are killing me! I still have to figure out how to get under the two front seats but I'll disconnect those ASAP. I really hate the door/seatbelt nannies that Nissan has - they are too speed sensitive and a 90 second chime if someone moves from one side to the other is beyond me. That's my only gripe with the '21 but I think it's easily solvable...we'll see. Congrats on the new ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts