Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Been lerking around this site for some time, great people here with lots of helpful information.
We Purchased a 05 Armada SE w/ Bose, Tow and DVD on thursday. Wife wanted Sunroof, but refuse to get leather. : ( We love this vehicle. Amazing performance and great room for my four months old daughter, my wife and I. :D I have already read the owners manual twice. Couple of things, first, is there a way to program doors to lock when trans is in gear ? We kinda like this safety feature. Second, we tried to toggle preset radio stations from A to B to c, but can't do it w/ the steering wheel controls nor the rear audio controls. only on the radio. According to owners manual, you only need to push the "mode" button repeatly, but, the radio switches between the preset happen to be listening to and to CD, then DVD. What gives? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I have a Red Brawn too!

airbeijing said:
Hello everyone,

Been lerking around this site for some time, great people here with lots of helpful information.
We Purchased a 05 Armada SE w/ Bose, Tow and DVD on thursday. Wife wanted Sunroof, but refuse to get leather. : ( We love this vehicle. Amazing performance and great room for my four months old daughter, my wife and I. :D I have already read the owners manual twice. Couple of things, first, is there a way to program doors to lock when trans is in gear ? We kinda like this safety feature. Second, we tried to toggle preset radio stations from A to B to c, but can't do it w/ the steering wheel controls nor the rear audio controls. only on the radio. According to owners manual, you only need to push the "mode" button repeatly, but, the radio switches between the preset happen to be listening to and to CD, then DVD. What gives? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Welcome ,

I have not played around with my radio that much, my boys are mostly into cds. I have had mine since December and really haven't messed with much more than the basics. Love It Lots. I am a Armada mom and I wanted a sunroof as well but hate leather. I guess we all have to make sacrifices. Hope you get the answers you are looking for, sorry I couldn't help. Happy Motoring!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
airbeijing said:
Hello everyone,

thanks.
Not sure, Haven't tried. However, do you have stations programed on A, B, and C? If you haven't programed them, it may not go. Also, maybe try holding down the button like you do when changing CDs. Try the station channel switching button. I'll try to play with it tomorrow and find out. :D

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
There is no way to program in a door autolock in gear feature.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Radio Control

I bought my 05 MADA in February and I brought it to the dealer with the problem of the radio not changing between A,B&C from the sterring wheel. I had all stations programed in and even held in the mode button for a few seconds but it still did not work. I tried another 05 but it did not change either. I guess this is the way it works.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I have a new red brawn too!!! Mine has smoke rims and I cant wait to get chromes on them. I havent seen a picture of one with chromes until now. Wow 92 Tripple Black, Lookin good!!! :1245:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I almost used that username

Armada Mama said:
I have a new red brawn too!!! Mine has smoke rims and I cant wait to get chromes on them. I havent seen a picture of one with chromes until now. Wow 92 Tripple Black, Lookin good!!! :1245:
Mine is Red Brawn too, glad to hear from another Armada mom driving that fabulous red color. How do you like it so far? I've had a few problems, but hopefully won't have any more. I live in NH, where are you from? We'll have to keep in touch. If you want to exchange emails so we can chat, reply to this and I'll check back. Bye for now. Have Great Summer and Happy Motoring!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I am out of town now and have a Mazda 6 for rental. Funny that the steering wheel control mode button on the 6 will switch between preset A-B-C. :p. I spoke with my salesman before I left town. He checked with service dept and asked me if I had Bose system and all of my presets are programed. Which I said "yes" to both. He then called me back and said that the "expert" there said that Nissan removed the mode switching capability from the Bose due to the complexity of the radio. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. I didn't argue because I had to catch a flight, but I thought Bose is only an amplification and speaker upgrade. The head unit is still made by Panasonic. Now, I am curious if the non-Bose system will switch preset A-B-C from the steering wheel. I guess I shouldn't make a big deal on such small thing, but it is frustrating that it is not working like it suppose to.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
airbeijing said:
Thanks for the replies. I am out of town now and have a Mazda 6 for rental. Funny that the steering wheel control mode button on the 6 will switch between preset A-B-C. :p. I spoke with my salesman before I left town. He checked with service dept and asked me if I had Bose system and all of my presets are programed. Which I said "yes" to both. He then called me back and said that the "expert" there said that Nissan removed the mode switching capability from the Bose due to the complexity of the radio. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. I didn't argue because I had to catch a flight, but I thought Bose is only an amplification and speaker upgrade. The head unit is still made by Panasonic. Now, I am curious if the non-Bose system will switch preset A-B-C from the steering wheel. I guess I shouldn't make a big deal on such small thing, but it is frustrating that it is not working like it suppose to.
Panasonic assembles the radio. Bose assembles the speakers and amps. Neither designed them. They were built as per specs given to them by Nissan as all stock car stereos are. Only aftermarket stereos are designed by the brand names. This means a bose bought with the car is very different from a bose bought aftermarket. I don't know why noone understands this. About the only thing designed by an aftermarket manufacturer in a stock car is their logo. BTW, Bose stands for Buy Other Stereo Equipment. Home and car they stink for the money. They use cheap parts and accoustical tricks to make a sound sound more appealing to the human ear as opposed to reproducing the actual sound in high quality. This is how they get their "big speaker sound" in a little box. Junk. :rolleyes:

As for the rims, here's another picture. I like them a lot and don't like the "rubber band" look and performance of larger diameter rims. Not sure why you would want to sacrifice ride and off road performance for looks and higher cost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tripleblack,

I abesolutely agreed w/ you on the BOSE issue. That's why I have Klipsch system in my home theather. But that's another subject for another forum. :D :D. Although, Bose does sound pretty good in the Armada and I always like the flush look of the head unit in most cars. I am attempted to try to fill the bass module with Polyfill, which was a great suggestion from another post here. I might have to wait for my wife to be out of the house for awhile, so she doesn't scream at me :p :p

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Bass Sucks

Maybe mine isn't working, but I can't feel anything out of the bass even though I'm sitting on it...shouldn't I feel SOMETHING?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
armadamom said:
Mine is Red Brawn too, glad to hear from another Armada mom driving that fabulous red color. How do you like it so far? I've had a few problems, but hopefully won't have any more. I live in NH, where are you from? We'll have to keep in touch. If you want to exchange emails so we can chat, reply to this and I'll check back. Bye for now. Have Great Summer and Happy Motoring!
I didnt know there was another Armada mom on here until after I registered. And we have the same color. How cool is that? I have only had my Armada since May 31st. We bought it used. Its a '05 and had 8800 miles. We got it at a ford dealership and they had it priced way way under trade in value. So we had to get it. Anyway, sorry you have had some problems. We havent so far. I have tow mirrors which I hate. I am 5'3 and cannot see over the darn things. I found some standard mirrors on ebay and they'll be here tommorow. I also ordered 2004 armada headrests today. Again since I am short, the headrests push my head forward and give me neck pains. The 04 headrests are made different. Other than those fixable problems, I love it!! My 2 year old daughter loves it too. Plenty of room for her. Oh yeah, we are in NC, just a short drive away form the US OPEN site (Pinehurst). There are tons of people here for that.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
HI, I have tow mirrors too. I like the way they look but it did take some time to get used to them. The stock mirrors were horizontal where these are vertical. We tow a big camper and snowmobiles so we needed them. My two boys love it as well, my oldest son(8) calls it "Big Red". Glad you got such a great deal on it, I hope you don't experience any of the problems I have. As frustrating as it is I still love it. To me there is no other vehicle like it. Did you go to the Open? What's weather like in Pinehurst? We are roasting up here. Gotta go, Have A Cool Summer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts