Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Platinum 2wd Navy over Black leather
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 Platinum with 20".
So I have read as much as I care to here about which tires for X reason. My uses(actually wifey) are interstate back and forth to work and occasional family trips = 500-700 per trip. May very rarely pull a trailer totaling ~4,000lb.
I think that I've come to the conclusion that for me the following tires are what we should go with.
Continental Terraincontact HT
Michelin Defender LTX
We have the factory 275/60R20 set up.
Given that information, are these the best for mpg and longevity? Those would be our main concerns in that order.

2nd question has to do with the 305/50/20. What would these be like? Do they fit the OE 20'' wheels? Better longevity, ride, mpg...?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
We have the Defender LTX on our 2011. They have been great. I'm thinking that they have around 50k miles on them and still have a bit left to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Platinum 2wd Navy over Black leather
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone gone to 275/ 65 /20? Factory size is 275/ 60 /20. I was wondering if the 34" would fit Factory suspension height? Trying to get just a little better ride comfort.
Also, the ones I found are Sumitomo Encounter HT Any experience with these?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I recently upgraded to the Michelin LTX from Cooper Discoverer HT and the difference is day & night. The Michelin ride smooth, quiet, slight improvement in MPG, and far better traction in all conditions. Took them on a 960 mile trip from OH in snow and sleet to rain in FL with no problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m looking at 295/60/20 Yokohama Geolander MT’s.....they measure 34.1” and 11.7” wide on +12 offset wheels.
Had planned to lift, but the rear spacers didn’t work so I guess I’m stuck at stock height for a while. Debating the Calmini lift.

Because tire MFG’s sizes are so different, I’d check this site for anything you’re looking at. It shows the exact sizing of the tire. Keep in mind, an increase in tire size and weight will drop your MPG.

Yokohama Geolandar M/T G003 Tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts