Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Just traded my wife's 2011 Grand Cherokee and my junky 04 F150 on a 2014 Armada Platinum 4x4 to combine family and towing ability for our camper. LOVE IT. And most importantly my wife loves it as it's her DD.

I also have a 2006 Xterra so I'm not new to Nissan but I am new to this platform.

I add pictures if knew how! You can follow me on Instagram @craigplaysbass if interested.

I hope to use this forum as much as I've used the Xterra forum. It has saved me loads of $$$$$.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Welcome! We've been pretty happy with our 2008. Do you have any modding plans with it?

As for posting pictures, if you're on desktop, you can just click the image link when creating a post and drag and drop the image to it. If you're on mobile, I'm not sure as I don't typically post on mobile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! We've been pretty happy with our 2008. Do you have any modding plans with it?

As for posting pictures, if you're on desktop, you can just click the image link when creating a post and drag and drop the image to it. If you're on mobile, I'm not sure as I don't typically post on mobile.
Probably not much on the modding side. Probably an air intake as I've had alot of success with one in my xterra. Either that or an air box mod or just a k&n drop in. I have yet to research all that. This is my wife's DD and child hauler and camper tow vehicle. The tires on it have a lot of life left and they're bridgestone dueler HL so no need to change them until they're wore out but will switch to AT after that. Maybe HD shocks/coils?

Also, where do you store emergency tools like jumper cables, wrenches, etc? Mine has the popup storage thing on the cargo hatch which makes it impossible to store anything under there. We keep a stroller on board 90% of the time which takes up all the cargo area with back seats up. We only have 2 kids so we can keep them laid down most of the time, but I dont want to have too much back there in case we add a passenger.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I'd skip the air intake- I had the S&B (with LT JBA headers, high flow cats, UpRev tune) and found it too loud and it messed up my MAF readings causing the truck to run funky. I'm sure a lot of people have had good luck with their aftermarket intake setups through. I went back to stock. I still have the S&B in a box.

Most everyone upgrades the shocks / springs with Bilstein / Moog parts and I would say that is the single best upgrade you can do to the Armada. It makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd skip the air intake- I had the S&B (with LT JBA headers, high flow cats, UpRev tune) and found it too loud and it messed up my MAF readings causing the truck to run funky. I'm sure a lot of people have had good luck with their aftermarket intake setups through. I went back to stock. I still have the S&B in a box.

Most everyone upgrades the shocks / springs with Bilstein / Moog parts and I would say that is the single best upgrade you can do to the Armada. It makes a world of difference.
Good to know. Thanks. Would you want to sell the S&B?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Ha - I should have gone into sales. I can tell someone something is no good and they still want to buy it.😃

Let me look around in my car part graveyard (garage loft) tomorrow and make sure I have all the parts and then I'll pm you some pics etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha - I should have gone into sales. I can tell someone something is no good and they still want to buy it.😃

Let me look around in my car part graveyard (garage loft) tomorrow and make sure I have all the parts and then I'll pm you some pics etc.
Haha! Well I guess I'm just curious.

·
Vendor
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your upgrade to Armada, great choice! You're joining a great community. Folks here are very willing to help and share information. If you ever have any questions, there's definitely a great team of owners and vendors that are happy to help.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Regarding CAI's, I love my Injen CAI. I just completed the LT/JBA headers mod and will be putting on the UpRev tune tomorrow. This engine needs to breathe and I don't mind hearing it sucking in air a bit. I think perhaps the loudness staplebox mentioned is partly due to the high flow cats he has on. What exhaust do you have? I went with the heavy metal cats and I run a Borla dual exhaust.

As the mechanic just completed the header install yesterday, I haven't heard it yet as I have to go pick it up today. I asked the mechanic if it sounded loud now and he said no, it sounds very nice. We'll see if that is still the case when I am doing 65mph down the freeway.

Before I bought my CAI though, one of the very first mods I did was the original air intake mod where you remove part of the plastic inside the stock air intake. I was happy with it, as I recall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts