Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All! I’m new to the site as I just got my Armada yesterday. So far I love the truck. I know it’s already 8 years old and it’s in great overall shape. I feel like I gotta great deal as well from a private seller. With all of that said, I have a few things that I would like to fix.

First, Air Bag Light blinks. I have tried the method discussed prior a couple of times, I can try a few more if needed. If that doesn’t work, what other options is there?

Steering wheel controls and horn don’t work. Is the only option to replace the clock spring? The video looks to be fairly straight forward, just wanted to know if it’s even worth it. I love my horn and my cruise control.

My parking sensor light blinks the whole time and doesnt tell me when I am close. How do I determine which sensor to replace or if it’s something else?

Back window won’t open but I think the link of how to open up the trunk shows me enough. Hell, I don’t even know that I care that much anyway.

Other than that, everything seems to work. Any recommendations on stuff I can’t live without to put in this beast?

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
hello and welcome. you picked a great car bro! used cars of any brand will have some issues at times and this site have a lot of members who can help.

did you have a mechanic you trust take a look at the car before you purchased it? did these issues you speak present when you purchased the car? did the private seller mention anything about them?

have you hooked up a scan tool to check for any codes? this is a great place to start.

1. air bag. there is a fault. could be a sensor, could be a continuity issue in a wiring harness. that is going down a rabbit hole when it comes to eleccial faults.

2. clock spring may be faulty. videos and discussion on here that can help you decide if it's something you can tackle yourself (many have done it). this may also be the issue with your air bag...

3. when it does that it tells you something is wrong. again scantool may be able to offer so help. it could be a faulty sensor or wire harness.

4. could be the handle in the door mechanism. could be a simple DIY fix

5. there's sub forums on exterior and interior mods you can read up on . aftermarket exhaust (engine section)--just depends on what you are after as everyone has different tastes. i enroucace you to read up on thesite a bit to get some ideas on what others have done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So for anyone that can help me down the rabbit hole on a couple of things here and an update to what I have done.

1.) I did replace the headlights and fog lights with some awesome LED lights. Love them.

2.) I am still running into the Air Bag Light issue. I have done the key trick. It worked until I restarted the truck. I checked the air bag sensor in the seat and it turns off with a little weight so I assume the sensor is ok. Will the clock spring potentially fix it all? I will do it if it will fix it. The steering controls won’t work but if replacing the clock spring won’t also fix the Air Bag, then I may not do it.

3.) Fixed my rear window in about 7 minutes. Very easy. I wish everything was that easy.

4.) If my turned the passenger side AC up to anything over 63, the heat will turn on the passengers side. I also feel like the passenger doesn’t blow AC as hard as the Drivers side. Is that fixable by just removing the Stereo?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
2. You have a faulty sensor elsewhere in the system. Check for any trouble codes. The fact youre able to clear it and it comes back means there is a fault.

4. Hard to difficult over the internet. You could have an issue with the blend door in the dash. You could have an issue with the panel itself. Again check for any codes. If there aren’t any you will have to dig around in the dash if you are handy like that or take it to nissan. Some thing are just kinda hard to pick apart over the internet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2. You have a faulty sensor elsewhere in the system. Check for any trouble codes. The fact youre able to clear it and it comes back means there is a fault.

4. Hard to difficult over the internet. You could have an issue with the blend door in the dash. You could have an issue with the panel itself. Again check for any codes. If there aren’t any you will have to dig around in the dash if you are handy like that or take it to nissan. Some thing are just kinda hard to pick apart over the internet.
Is the code reader at AutoZone good enough or should I take it to a dealer to read the Air Bag code?

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Autozone may have a basic tool that may not read these enhanced codes. You can try the dealer or another 3rd party shop who may be willing to read the obd for free?

There are some apps in the App Store for your phone that might be able to read but that requires a BT dongle plus purchase of software, so may be easier to head into the dealer , pay the diag fee and let them diagnose. There’s air bag sensors all over the car , not just the seat.

There’s a model under the glove box. Maybe you can check that /eyeball it and make sure the connection is solid.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I just replaced the blend door actuator on the passenger side of our 2011. It's under the glove box to the right of the center console. You can see it without removing anything. Turn the passenger heat up and down to see if it moves full travel. If not it's probably bad or disconnected (?)
It's only a little over 35 bucks at the dealership and took me about half an hour to replace.

Paul

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts