Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my Titan for an Armada - needed more room for passengers. I think I can offset the "use" of the truck with a good hitch cargo carrier (for coolers, gas cans, firewood, etc). We drove 300+ miles yesterday and I love the ride and power delivery. Already familiar with the V8 but the 7 speed transmission is exceptionally smooth on the interstate and around town. I look forward to being here. The mods list is short but geez the $$ adds up. I plan to tint the windows, replace the wheels, dechrome the exterior, maybe mod the exhaust, intake, oil catch-can, and add some weathertech/husky liners to the floors and cargo area. Really looking forward to the miles and years to come.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome,
I LOVE the new front end and infotainment system.
I too went from a pickup (Tundra) to the Armada. I don't miss the bed. SUV's have always been more functional IMHO.

I have a cargo basket if we need it for a trip that we don't happen to be taking the camper on.
The Armada pulls the camper with more stability and power than the Tundra ever did.

Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at wheels now...narrowed down to Black Rhino Armory (20 x 9.5 w/ +6mm Offset) or Fuel Militia (20 x 9 w/ +1mm Offset).
Let me know which one you like:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, made a 1100 mile run this week to Missouri, there and back, up hill and down hill, and the lie-o-meter posted an unbelievable 22.1 miles per gallon! I used the cruise w/ adaptive cruise about 60-65% of the time. I am thoroughly impressed with the motor, power, transmission, drivability, and comfort. Temporarily, I bought a cheap mat from Academy (like a workout / treadmill mat) and trimmed it to fit the back. Had luggage + 3 sets of golf clubs in the back - a perfect vehicle so far!

Fuel.

I like black rhino as a company. Just not that specific wheel.
I went with the Oceano in a 20" x 9.5" with a +12 offset; should be a good stance.

Reactions: OBXPatrol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Getting the new Oceano’s mounted & balanced this morning. Will post up a few pics when complete.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Need to get a few bugs off the front but, these wheels mounted up exactly the way I wanted them to. The size is 20" X 9.5" with a +13 offset. I just remounted the factory Bridgestone's because they're decent tires and I don't feel like dropping another $1200 right now. I plan to lift the front & rear 2" and go with 33 X 12.50 for the next set, probably Nitto RG's or the new Mickey Thompson's. The ride is smooth and the TPMS system moved over without a hitch. Really happy with the 9.5" width and offset. The stance puts the wheel flush with the fender and the sidewall just a touch outside. No rubbing issues, though I wouldn't expect any. Next, probably paint to match the fender vents and maybe do alittle vinyl work...and tint the windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts