Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I know we have a LOT of towing questions here on the forums. I bought a 2006 Salem LA 34ft'7 in. dry weight is 6,950 lbs. I have the Big Tow package. Had them install the electric brake module (duh:) and had a Reese hitch with the stabilizer bars installed. Drove it approx 75 miles home and it towed BEAUTIFULLY. Even was pretty windy on the way home but damn the 'mada handles it PERFECTLY. Hope you guys have a similar experience.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
vthunter said:
Hey all,

I know we have a LOT of towing questions here on the forums. I bought a 2006 Salem LA 34ft'7 in. dry weight is 6,950 lbs. I have the Big Tow package. Had them install the electric brake module (duh:) and had a Reese hitch with the stabilizer bars installed. Drove it approx 75 miles home and it towed BEAUTIFULLY. Even was pretty windy on the way home but damn the 'mada handles it PERFECTLY. Hope you guys have a similar experience.

WE TOW A 33' ROCKWOOD. WE HAVE ABOUT 1200 MILES OF TOTAL TOWING MILES WITH THE ROCKWOOD HOOKED TO THE ARMADA. SOME MOUNTAIN TOWING BUT MOSTLY FLAT LAND. DRY WT. IS APPROX.5600 LBS. I STOPPED IN GA AT A CERTIFIED SCALE AFTER FUELING UP, 5 PASSENGERS, GEAR FOR AN 8 DAY TRIP, THANKSGIVING DINNER, BIKES, ELEC. SCOOTERS, ETC. OUR GROSS WT WAS 13500. WE STILL HAVE ROOM TO GROW!!! tOWING WITH THIS TRUCK IS GREAT. I HAVE WD BARS RATED FOR 10000LBS. AN OLD SCHOOL FRICTION SWAY BAR, RESSE BRAKE CONTROLLER. SEMI TRAILERS ARE INTIMIDATING BUT MOST OF THE TIME I AM PASSING THEM!!!

:machinegu

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nomokids3 said:
WE TOW A 33' ROCKWOOD. WE HAVE ABOUT 1200 MILES OF TOTAL TOWING MILES WITH THE ROCKWOOD HOOKED TO THE ARMADA. SOME MOUNTAIN TOWING BUT MOSTLY FLAT LAND. DRY WT. IS APPROX.5600 LBS. I STOPPED IN GA AT A CERTIFIED SCALE AFTER FUELING UP, 5 PASSENGERS, GEAR FOR AN 8 DAY TRIP, THANKSGIVING DINNER, BIKES, ELEC. SCOOTERS, ETC. OUR GROSS WT WAS 13500. WE STILL HAVE ROOM TO GROW!!! tOWING WITH THIS TRUCK IS GREAT. I HAVE WD BARS RATED FOR 10000LBS. AN OLD SCHOOL FRICTION SWAY BAR, RESSE BRAKE CONTROLLER. SEMI TRAILERS ARE INTIMIDATING BUT MOST OF THE TIME I AM PASSING THEM!!!

How much has your MPG dropped?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
vthunter said:
How much has your MPG dropped?

I am guessing by about half. We caravan with 2 or 3 other families and they drive class A and C motorhomes so our speed is between 60 and 70 MPH.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nomokids3 said:

I have the Reese Dual cam stabilizer sway bars on mine and it's AWESOME. Even though the trailer's dry weight is 6950 it still tows at 65 with zero problem. When I hitch it i notice ZERO drop in the suspension. Thank god for the Big Tow Package :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.