Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started looking at the Armada site today.I have been thinking about selling my VW Touareg and am looking for something that is gonna pull my Airstream.
Seems like this is the vehicle to do it.I like what I see so far.What I am needing to know is what you all think about the performance when you are pulling something?Also what is a good price for the 05's right now before they sell out of the dealership?I know I can get this vehicle but I also want a great deal.Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Devoman said:
I just started looking at the Armada site today.I have been thinking about selling my VW Touareg and am looking for something that is gonna pull my Airstream.
Seems like this is the vehicle to do it.I like what I see so far.What I am needing to know is what you all think about the performance when you are pulling something?Also what is a good price for the 05's right now before they sell out of the dealership?I know I can get this vehicle but I also want a great deal.Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.
Welcome. You are right, this is the one. Cillyone is the trailer maven. Look at his sig photo to get an idea.

If you are getting one, get the Big tow package. It allows 9000+ tow capacity. It pulls like a champ, as good or better than an F150 for example.
Big tow gives you electonic brake harness, heavy duty battery, trans temp gauge, lower gearing, autoleveling airbag rear suspension, hitch which will accept class IV. You probably also want the Big tow mirrors. Those are seperate.

The LE and Offroad SE come with Big Tow standard.

After that, your choices are wide. I got 4x4 because I like to go on ski trips, boat roaps (slimy), beaches, and off road occasionally. I got the LE because it had a bunch of stuff I wanted packaged together cheaper than doing that stuff myself with aftermarket stuff later. I also got the NAV, BOSE, and DVD. The only thing I don't like is the BOSE but that was part of the package. It still is cheaper to go that way even if I remove it and put in something else, which eventually will be done. I may or may not keep the head unit, the rest goes. Definitely get leather. Much sturdier and easier to clean than the cloth. Quite a few members have complained about the cloth, thinking it was the better way to go for cleaning and standing up to kids, pets, etc. only to regret it later.

I'd try to get one for $500 under invoice. Use www.edmunds.com to price with the options you are looking at. Dealers buy for $1200 or so below the invoice price on that site so they are still getting paid. ;)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
trailer maven?

"trailer maven" awe shucks

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
If u want to drive here in Phoenix, AZ. They have still have a lot of 05 SE. for 29,000 for 4x2 and 31000 for 4x4. Got mine for 30300 with Tow and DVD package. oh yeah with BOSE. (POS). Let me know if u want more info about the dealer. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Devoman said:
This is good info.Any more to know about this vehicle is greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Looks like alot of the bugs are worked out for the '06! 9000lbs + for towing, maybe not quite the fit and finish of german make, but what a sweet truck it is!!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Devoman said:
This is good info.Any more to know about this vehicle is greatly appreciated.Thanks.
General consensus is the stock Conti tires suck. I still have them though. Just haven't had the $pare change to upgrade. I will most likely replace with BFG KO at some point, as they are rated one notch better for Snow than normal M+S rating. I have had them on several other vehicles and they are good in the snow and offroad.
One other point, you can run 87 octane all day long.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tires

On my Touareg I run with 275/45/20 Hankook tires.These are great tires and are cheap also.I got them at Discount tires online.
The continentals do suck.I had the 275/40/20 on previously and those lasted less than 1 year.I also have some Dunlops on the stock tires and those are terrible also.
I think it is great that I can use the 87 in the Armada as I can not use it in the VW Touareg.It recommends I use the 91 and up.As with gas prices the way they are I am not worried about the price of gas.If I am I would buy something like a Honda Civic so I can get 30 mpg.It is the price I will have to pay if I want to have fun in my Airstream traveling this winter.
:) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.