Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Don't own an Armada yet :rolleyes: , been browsin here for a while so decided to post. I am in the UK and am looking at getting an Armada imported.
I am looking at the LE 4x4 with Tech package and its coming in at nearly £40,000 thats about $70,000 which I knows a bit more than your paying in the States.
Are then any members on here from the UK who have imported one??

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Welcome to the club. :hi:

Does Armada in UK come with diesel engine? I am just wondering how much will it cost if you have to fill the "beast" up.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Vman said:
Hi
Don't own an Armada yet :rolleyes: , been browsin here for a while so decided to post. I am in the UK and am looking at getting an Armada imported.
I am looking at the LE 4x4 with Tech package and its coming in at nearly £40,000 thats about $70,000 which I knows a bit more than your paying in the States.
Haven't seen any. Doesn't mean they aren't out there. At that price, I'd check to see how much more the QX 56 is. It might be worth it to go that little more for you. ;)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Vman said:
Hi
What's making it so expensive? A LE 4x4 like that should set you back mid 40's at worst, and shipping should be more like $2500 not $25000. Do you have to pay taxes or duties or something like that?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Exchange rate.

Wow, $70 large? Can't say as I envy you there, friend. What about service?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Exchange rate.

Wow, $70 large? Can't say as I envy you there, friend. What about service?
The exchange rate goes the other way - he should still only be paying 40K US + shipping, that does not = 70k US

If he can swing it it would be as unique as a Viper on the Autobahn!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRcookie
We don't have the Armada as an official Nissan UK import, thats why I am thinking of getting an American car import company to do if for me.

The $70,000 (40,000 Bristish Pounds) is the price I have been given by the import company.
The reason I think its so expensive is I have to pay shipping, shipping insurance, TAX17.5% of the cars value that is VAT(goverment tax) it has to be registered, SVA tested(1000pounds) lights modifyed for driving on the right side of the road, rear lights given orange indicators and what have you.
A full RAC(same as your AAA) 3 year warranty as the U.S warranty is not vaild outside the U.S. There a lots of other things too but cannot remember.
I have thought about doing it all myself, but I would be hard pressed to find a good warranty. It does worry me, reading about some of the problems people have had with there Armada's so do not really want to take a chance to be honest.

Its still a lot of money I give you that. Maybe too much.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found out today that I will also have to pay a 10% import charge as well as the 17.5% VAT, just gets better!!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally decided to to buy a new car, really wanted to get the Armada, but costs was the main concern. So we I shhould say have decided to order its baby brother the Pathfinder T-spec which is top spec in the UK. Ordered in Claret(A31) should be here in March for the O6 registration. Here are a few pic's of the demonstrator we had.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Vman said:
Finally decided to to buy a new car, really wanted to get the Armada, but costs was the main concern. So we I shhould say have decided to order its baby brother the Pathfinder T-spec which is top spec in the UK. Ordered in Claret(A31) should be here in March for the O6 registration. Here are a few pic's of the demonstrator we had.

Nice looking pathy, is this the only one in the UK? I bet its a head turner ;)

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No,its not the only one in the UK. Nissan UK officially import it in RHD. They only import about 4000 a year so there are very few on our roads, so yes its a bit of a head turner as it is a big car for the UK. The car is made in Spain too along side the Navara(Frontier) so it will be interesting to see how it stands up in terms of build quality.
Its fully specced up with satnav and everything, also has a reversing camera too, do the US models have this?
Also its a 4x4, we do not have the choice of drive like the US with 4x2s. It costing me £33,000 which is about $54,000.

Also does anybody have a Pathfinder in met red as I cannot find any on this site.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Hi there,

I think you have made the right choice with the pathfinder. I am from England and drive a 4X4 LE Armarda here in sunny Saudi, I wouldn't consider taking it home even as a personal import, own it here for six months and keep it in the UK for 1 year = not tax or vat. Its far to big for the UK, parking spaces etc, and if you use the performance which is hard not to you can end up doing around 10 mpg or even less if you tow.

There is a lot of work to get it through the SVA, the headlights are ok as the dip flat but you have to get rid of the orange running lights (parking lights), as you say fit orange rear indicators and side repeaters (06 model has red indicators in the mirrors which have to be swopped out). Fit rear fog lights (why don't American made cars have them?) and change the tyres to E marked ones. Also depending on the person at the test centre they may ask you the change the glass to non tinted and E marked. ( I looked at taking a GMC Yukon home the other year)

Then factor in the cost of getting your service items sent from the States plus other spares (unless you know someone in the US millitary) makes running costs very high. (GM/Ford not too bad as lots about).

I like the look of the new Pathfinder, what engine size if fitted in the Uk? Good luck with the new car.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tmation
Your right about the size of the Armada, it would have been a big problem, taking up 4 space is not good :eek:

I would of liked the V6 but as it s going to be mainly the girlfriends car and she does a lot of miles, so it had to be the diesel verson all 2.5litres and a 174bhp. I am hoping to get the new Golf GTI in June, so that should make up for lack of power.

I still love the Armada, every year I holiday in Florida and all I do is Armada spotting :amazing: How sad is that :crikey: Your very lucky to enjoy such a car.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Found out today that Nissan have reduced the price of a brand new Pathfinder T-spec(Adventura) by £3000 which is nearly $5700 I have only had the car 2 months!! Here its is below anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts