Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Is HBMC available on the Armada or just on the QX?

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Nissan decided to keep that option only for the Z62s. My QX80 doesn’t have it, but still handles great as I’m sure the Y62 Armada does too.
Either way, it still doesn’t come close to GMC’s MRS, but that’s another argument for another day. :p

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
Is HBMC available on the Armada or just on the QX?
only on the QX . gotta keep some things on the flagship car! :p

the hbmc is worth every penny! I can drive that sucker like a sedan! it takes the curves with ease and no body roll! i had an armada 2008 and then got into the qx and the difference is night and day.

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
yessir i totally hear you.

however, as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks... :) i drove the qx like a sedan and it handled just nicely, even with the 22 inch wheels. the 7sp "manual" tranny with rev matching downshifts made the qx very nimble...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Whew, this went downhill fast!!!

Only thing I'll add to the OP is.....before you go buy a 2nd gen Armada, go look at the competition. Five years ago, I wouldn't have said that; the Ford / GM competition just wasn't there. Ford has really changed the game with the new Expedition. And GM is about to with the new Tahoe/Suburban. My experience having driven all of them is that the 2nd Gen Nissan is behind the competition. As far as how it compares with the 1st gen, I think it's faster, it's certainly smoother and more luxurious. It is a bit smaller, but that might be okay for you. So, drive them all (when we finally get out of quarantine), and buy what YOU want; not what we want you to get.

Keith
I totally agree with both of your post on the Armada. I have a 2013 Platinum and have enjoyed it. Looked at new Armada couple of months ago at car show and not at all impressed. I'm actually kinda sad. Not sure what I'm going to replace mine with. But I know for sure it will not be another Armada. I rented a Qx-80 a few months ago on vacation, truly sad Infinity would even put it on the market today. Sure it drives nice, what suv doesn't??? But the interorioir and ability to sync with PED's is lacking. 2004 platform and it's still here in 2020.

I was impressed with Gm's 2021 new SUV. Looked nice. And I would have to agree with you on the RAM. I'm not a Mopar fan even thought I own a 1960 Chrysler 2 door Windsor hardtop totally restored. Think over the years I've been kinda of a Ford fan, F150, I've had 3 Expeditions. But, I have to say the new RAM is very impressive. Friend has a 2020 1500 Limited RAM. Great ride and love the interior. Mopar has done their homework. I would think RAM would have some good rebates this fall.

To the OP. Well Even saying the above I've considered trading for another Armada. Part of me worries about quality issues with their products ever since Carlos Ghosn was forced out. There's been a lot of term oil within the company and I can't help to think that may effect the reilablity of Nissan's product that we've all enjoyed over the decades of ownership. I would test drive a new one a few times or more and see if you really like it. If you do and it works for your needs then go for it. Compared to the competition Armadas can be found new deeply discounted. It does make one think. But for me it's not worth it, it's not what I want in a vehicle. It's way over due for an update both interior and electronics.

Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum and to Armadas. Have a 2018 Platinum and love it so far, with a few little things to hate. Last 3 SUVs were a Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Yukon Denali (6.0 liter), and most recently a Yukon XL (5.3L). After a literally rebuilding or replacing everything on the Rover, the tranny and xfer cases on the Denali, and a $13k new motor for the 2013 Yukon, I am looking for luxury, HP, low end grunt and reliability. And a little character. So far the Armada delivers on all fronts with luxury and some quirkiness. My wife loves it and thought she’d hate it. It’s growing on me, happy to be part of this club!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Here is my two cents. IT all boils down to what you are looking for. If you are looking for maximum capabilities, then you may have to look to the competition as they have all upgraded their lineup. If you are looking for the latest infotainment, then i would either wait one more year for the 2021 armada refresh or go elsewhere.

But if you are looking for a considerable value that offers 95% of what the competition offers with exceptional quality, interior refinement, creature comforts, safety and power at a lower price, then the armada is for you. It is a re skinned QX80. Additionally, Nissan is dangling thousands of dollars off Armada's, so it makes it an even bigger value. Regardless of what you pick, it will absolutely be an upgrade over your existing vehicle, with the exception of the Toyota Sequoia.

Our verdict? We love our 17 armada platinum. Had it for almost three years now. It's safe, easy to drive and maneuver in tight spaces and has plenty of space for the kids and has been completely trouble free since owning it. My 20 ram i just bought has gone back to the dealership 4 times now for dumb stuff (although i absolutely love the truck).

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I regret getting rid of my 2008 Armada everytime I get in my 2017 Armada. The only isuue I had to deal with were warped exhaust manifolds on the '08. My' 17 has been a problem 3 months into owning it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts