Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Comparison

GregV said:
Nismo has just released their Cold Air Intake for the Armada / Titan. $232.65 is our special price, . AVAILABLE HERE ONLINE
12 HP to the wheels and 15 lb/ft torque. :excellent
How does this compare with V3.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
My friend at Nissan in Torrance told me that this Nismo CAI is by far the best out there. And that Nissan will not screw with people using this CAI.
Nismo has access to all engine specs that no one else has and like all Nismo products, this one has been extensively tuned to the 5.6L engine only.
The price is good too. Maybe all obvious info...
I called my local dealer and he siad if they install it, it will be covered under the standard warranty. And that they get a lot of messed up air flow sensors in there by people installing CAI's in their Titans and Armadas.

Anyway, I'm searching for dyno graphs against Volant, K&N, and AEM.

This may be the way to go. Now just waiting for a Nismo Cat Back.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I asked this question of a tech that works for local (Nissan) dealer ..

"Cold air intakes do not have to be carb approved as long as all the sensors in the intake are in place it is smog legal."

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
inqui-Z-tor said:
I asked this question of a tech that works for local (Nissan) dealer ..

"Cold air intakes do not have to be carb approved as long as all the sensors in the intake are in place it is smog legal."
That does make sense. As long as air flow sensor is doing its job, should be all good.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Hey Andy ..

Did you get your grille?

andy said:
That does make sense. As long as air flow sensor is doing its job, should be all good.
LOL .. I agree it makes sense, but then when did making sense apply to CARB and/or "government" rules/regulations/guidelines ...

And I finally read the "fine print" on the NISMO CAI .. Nissan says the device is meant for off-road use ...

Street-use is subject to local, or other government laws ...

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Hey inqui-Z-tor,
Just put the grill on last night.
I'll post a picture in your original thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts