Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the hitch setup for the Armada (didn't get the tow package). Do any of you guys know where to get the best deal on one or am I getting the best deal at my Dealer ($226 + installation...will install myself).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
Try U-haul
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked at aftermarket hitches but by the time you buy the hitch, the socket for the trailer wiring, and the two relays that aren't there, it costs the same or more than the Nissan part which includes all of the pieces and is specifically designed to go on the Armada.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
214 Posts
you've got the answer buddy. the nissan hitch is your best bet. it fits right on and your plugs are already there. it took me about 20 mins. to install
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ALEX said:
you've got the answer buddy. the nissan hitch is your best bet. it fits right on and your plugs are already there. it took me about 20 mins. to install
Where did you get yours and what did you pay?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
105 Posts
$226.00 huh? you sure that isn't just for the hitch? cause you will need hitch ball mount with any hitch.... i sell them both for 245.50 plus shipping, which is about 30-40 depending on where you live, but you might want to check it out with them! if that is for both pieces that is a real good price.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
lrohr12 said:
I am looking to buy the hitch setup for the Armada (didn't get the tow package). Do any of you guys know where to get the best deal on one or am I getting the best deal at my Dealer ($226 + installation...will install myself).
hey---the vermont dealer in South Burlington charges $600 for that same hitch---buy it!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
So $225 will get you the receiver and ALL the hardware? When I say all, I would assume that you get the four bolts that go to the chassis, as well as the wire harness. Other than that, what else would be needed. I am also intrested in getting a hitch put on. For those who have done so, is the wire harness already on the mada, or do I need to have it installed?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
214 Posts
stretch said:
So $225 will get you the receiver and ALL the hardware? When I say all, I would assume that you get the four bolts that go to the chassis, as well as the wire harness. Other than that, what else would be needed. I am also intrested in getting a hitch put on. For those who have done so, is the wire harness already on the mada, or do I need to have it installed?
Yes!! it comes with bolts and the connector that sits on the left side of the hitch. The connector on the truck you can find it behind the bumper tucked in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
Thanks Alex. I looked under the bumper last night, I saw the four bolt holes that are on the chassis, I also located a round connector, I am assuming that is what I would hook the receiver hitch to. Did you install this yourself? It seems that it would be very easy if it only had the four bolts plus the connector. I am connector certified at my work, so that should be no problem. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
You will also have to install two relays, which is very easy. You just plug them in. Instructions are included with the hitch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
Is there any difference between the class 3 and the class 4 besided the weight capability. For example, are they essentially the same receiver, only a class 4 receiver needs to be welded to the frame?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have an unused original

lrohr12 said:
I am looking to buy the hitch setup for the Armada (didn't get the tow package). Do any of you guys know where to get the best deal on one or am I getting the best deal at my Dealer ($226 + installation...will install myself).
I have 1 that is unused and unwanted weight that I could get rid of if a fair offer is made. It is an original that came with my LE. Never used
Let me know if you are interested,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5 Posts
Silvermada said:
I have 1 that is unused and unwanted weight that I could get rid of if a fair offer is made. It is an original that came with my LE. Never used
Let me know if you are interested,
Where are you located? Does it come with the hardware (bolts/washers/etc.) to mount it as well as the relays?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
I bouht a new hidden hitch brand hitch W/ no wiring harness. Can someone please help me find out what I need as far as wiring harness adapters. I have found the round plug under the bumper!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
Silvermada said:
I have 1 that is unused and unwanted weight that I could get rid of if a fair offer is made. It is an original that came with my LE. Never used
Let me know if you are interested,
do you still have it?

thanks
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top