Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if other Armada owners follow the 15,000 mile maintenance intervals. I am about to hit 15,000 miles and the dealer wants $160.00 to do these things. Will I end up regretting not having these things done or do others just do it themselves. I feel like if I don't do it and something fails it will be held over my head by the dealership.

Oil change
top off fluids
check lamps horn and warning systems
tire pressure and wear
Adjust drive belts, hoses and clamps. (I thought the belt had a self adjusting pulley?)
Lubricate and inspect front suspension, steering and door hinges.
Rotate and balance tires
Clean and adjust brakes, and inspect brake lines
fuel system cleaning and fuel injector service
pressure test cooling system, heater hoses and upper and loser radiator hoses
inspect struts and shocks
replace air filter
inspect battery and service.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
A little high if you ask me, I usually take mine to Super Wal Mart and have them do the oil change, top off fluids, check stuff, etc its like $20, then pay $40 to get tires rotated FOR LIFE!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Is it me or is every item they "check" a wearable item so they can say we can fix it right now for more $$$$. I just do the oil change and "inspect" the other stuff myself...

Sorry, this just pisses me off....

·
Premium Member
60 Posts

Some of that is good advice....some overkill. I was a little shocked to see my air filter at 15K of highway on road miles. It was pitch black on 2/3 of the element. After looking at where it derives its air...I have a good idea what is the prime cause. Most of the black looked like brake dust and road grime...not the typical dusty look. Well....Nissan has designed the cold air intake to suck in air from the fender well. The only thing protecting that from road junk and brake dust is the cheap looking plastic, non finished wheel well liner. So at least be looking into those rec'd things...not necessarily having Nissan do them.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Personally, I think that it's all just a way for people like me (who don't know much about vehicles ,at all) to empty our pockets. I mean, my mother's 240SX hasn't been in a shop for years, save oil changes and new tires, and it's running like new at 15 years old. I've already put 12K on mine, I don't have the money to get a $160 check every 2-3 months.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Highway robbery, if you believe that your dealer is actually going to do all of that then I got some prime beach front property in Kansas I would like to sell you. All they are gonna do is rotate the tires if you are lucky, change the oil, oil filter and air filter (Again if you are lucky) and call it a day.

My wife made the mistake of taking a VW Passat she owned to have this done, they claimed that they did the 50K service, which include most of the aformentioned items, but what they did not expect was I was going to check up on it. The only thing I concluded they did was to change the oil and I am fairly sure they did not drain it completely. The Air filter was the same dirty air filter and they did not even take the time to fill up the windshield washer fluid. Needless to say after I chewed the dealership out for 3 days (everyone from the service manager, sales manager, General manager and the owner) I got the work done that I paid for and was also refunded in full. I never took it back to em.

I currently do all of my own maintenence on everything I own. for the mere fact that I want it done correctly. I take all my vehicles to a Firestone store where I paid to have a lifetime rotate, balance and aligment, and have then rotate and balance the tires and check the alignment. (The nice thing is I know everyone down there now and I can watch).

I would not let Wal-Mart change my oil on a dare. The idiots they have working in there are the lowest paid of the lowest quality.

Just my .02 you experiences may vary. On a side note I do follow the maintenace schedules in the owners manuals and even do most of it more frequently then the manual says to.

cfranzen said:
I was just curious if other Armada owners follow the 15,000 mile maintenance intervals. I am about to hit 15,000 miles and the dealer wants $160.00 to do these things. Will I end up regretting not having these things done or do others just do it themselves. I feel like if I don't do it and something fails it will be held over my head by the dealership.

Oil change
top off fluids
check lamps horn and warning systems
tire pressure and wear
Adjust drive belts, hoses and clamps. (I thought the belt had a self adjusting pulley?)
Lubricate and inspect front suspension, steering and door hinges.
Rotate and balance tires
Clean and adjust brakes, and inspect brake lines
fuel system cleaning and fuel injector service
pressure test cooling system, heater hoses and upper and loser radiator hoses
inspect struts and shocks
replace air filter
inspect battery and service.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I'd suggest you change your rear differential fluid at 15,000 miles, even more so if you tow. The manual says to change it with your first oil change, if you have towed in that period. I did, and what came out was definitely not fresh looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts