Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

new to club! have 2015 Armada, suddenly stopped blowing warm air! manually moved blend door and manually moved heater control valve. any ideas? Thank You!

·
Administrator
6,471 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Clogged heater core? Low coolant? Do you get COLD AC?
When you say you manually move the blend door (which one?), did you remove the dash?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome.

Clogged heater core? Low coolant? Do you get COLD AC?
When you say you manually move the blend door (which one?), did you remove the dash?
Thank You for replying! I took the heater control valve apart, and the lower gear was at the end of the shaft, put it back in place and it works fine. have a good weekend!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This heater control valve has been the bane of many people's existence. Wouldn't it be nice if there were an upgraded valve. O'Reilly has the Gates valve #EHV112, which could be the same as OEM, for $91.99 with a one year warranty. Be prepared for the normal air in the cooling system problems. JC Whitney has the same valve for $70.88 with the same warranty. Personally, I like shopping where they employ local people and pay local taxes.

Do you ever cross over a bridge and think to yourself, "Low bid got the job." I'm afraid that is how this valve is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This heater control valve has been the bane of many people's existence. Wouldn't it be nice if there were an upgraded valve. O'Reilly has the Gates valve #EHV112, which could be the same as OEM, for $91.99 with a one year warranty. Be prepared for the normal air in the cooling system problems. JC Whitney has the same valve for $70.88 with the same warranty. Personally, I like shopping where they employ local people and pay local taxes.

Do you ever cross over a bridge and think to yourself, "Low bid got the job." I'm afraid that is how this valve is.
I know that eventually I will have to put a new one on it! probably when it gets real cold it will fail, I am like You i buy local when I can. Thanks for the information and have a nice day!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
If you take that control valve apart and push gear back down, you can take apart a ball point pen and take the ink cartridge upside down and push it on the shaft that the gear is on as a keeper. cut it off level with top of shaft and reinstall. My personal service bulletin :cool:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you take that control valve apart and push gear back down, you can take apart a ball point pen and take the ink cartridge upside down and push it on the shaft that the gear is on as a keeper. cut it off level with top of shaft and reinstall. My personal service bulletin :cool:.
I never thought about doing that! it is a great idea, when I get some time I will pull it apart and do that!
Thank You

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took mine apart, 2011 version. All of the gears are held firmly in place by the cover. I opened mine up due to no heat regulation, but, my valve is operating. No broken gears either. I suspect mine is OEM as it was last worked on by the dealership.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I was trying to brainstorm on what would slide very tightly onto that shaft; great job coming up with the pen!
Here's what I came up with: a small electrical wire nut ...which are all rated for heat too. I cut the tip off of the wire nut, then drilled a hole into the tip and slid it right on and it's been going great all Winter. It stops the white gear from moving around, plus it can handle heat and the plastic is formulated to not get brittle over time (like most plastics do).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts