Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Armada owners. My story how we got into our Armada is long. Here we go. My wife had an 09 Murano and she loved it. Found we were having twins and the fact that we had a 6 yo son meant bye Murano. Got a 19 Chrysler Pacifica. We both hated the damn thing but it was functional. Started watching the vehicle market and saw that we could get a lot more for minivan than we paid for it. About 6K more to be exact. Low and behold we found a 17 Armada Platinum with low miles in mint condition.

OMG its amazing and we are out of that damn minivan.

So thanks for the add guys. I already have questions so I'll be hitting the forums looking for answers.

Thx

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Welcome to the forum... and congratulation!

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the twins!

Me and my wife are in a similar boat. Had a third kid and needed a bigger car, came from a Honda pilot. I absolutely love the Armada as we can fit everything that would ever come with babies and still take the dog places. My wife is on the shorter side so she is not so thrilled about it, lifting kids up and in. She wants to get a minivan for the functionality of them. I am fine with it because when we do, I get to do a lift and exhaust and running boards :)

Enjoy the Armada!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congratulations on the new family members both here and at home. 🍻

I'm shocked both of you claim minivan was not cutting it🤷🏼‍♂️. They have to be one of the most functional vehicles on the road. The only way I can see a difference is 4x4 and towing. Minivan trumps the Armada in MPG and features along with entertainment and lower cost to own. The pure functional aspect of a minivan nicely equipped is the more practical vehicle.

Now if you just wanted out of the old and into new I get it. I was driving a 2014 Town & Country which had 500,000 miles on it and was still performing near its best. Arguably one of the more impressive vehicles one could buy for functional purposes. Driving that minivan opened my eyes to what awesome vehicles they are.

I will also add, I'm a proud owner of a late model first Gen Armada and absolutely love it. They are big compared to a minivan that's for sure and parking them can be a challenge. Enjoy the new ride. 🍻

·
Registered
2021 Armada Platinum Captain's Chairs 4X4, Aspen White Tricoat, Almond Leather.
18 Posts
Congratulations @Nomoreminivan!
As much as I agree with @Tanks on the sheer practicality of the minivan, I definitely share your sentiment! We had a bunch of them over the years - two Oldsmobile Silhouettes and a Chevy Venture - with three boys in car seats through some of that time!
Sure can't beat the comfort and extra space in the Armada! I guess I'm willing to park a little further away to enjoy a distinctive, comfortable ride! 😉

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
64 Posts
Congratulations on the new family members both here and at home. 🍻

I'm shocked both of you claim minivan was not cutting it🤷🏼‍♂️. They have to be one of the most functional vehicles on the road. The only way I can see a difference is 4x4 and towing. Minivan trumps the Armada in MPG and features along with entertainment and lower cost to own. The pure functional aspect of a minivan nicely equipped is the more practical vehicle.

Now if you just wanted out of the old and into new I get it. I was driving a 2014 Town & Country which had 500,000 miles on it and was still performing near its best. Arguably one of the more impressive vehicles one could buy for functional purposes. Driving that minivan opened my eyes to what awesome vehicles they are.

I will also add, I'm a proud owner of a late model first Gen Armada and absolutely love it. They are big compared to a minivan that's for sure and parking them can be a challenge. Enjoy the new ride. 🍻
I agree! We traded our minivan for a 2019 Armada because we needed more towing capacity. I greatly preferred driving the minivan in all situations except for towing.

The van drove fantastic, I would whip it around corners much like the GTI that I had before it. It was AWD and made an amazing camping vehicle. It had 150 cu ft of cargo room behind the front seats, versus 95 in the Armada. The second row captain's chairs had two feet of adjustment! It swallowed whole sheets of plywood with the hatch closed - that is an awesome feature! And the Home Depot lumber cart is just above the tailgate height, so you can fling those sheets in there like a deck of cards. Parking was easy, maintenance cost were low, and gas mileage was much better.

I drive the Armada like a grandpa, all the pitching and diving makes me leave lots of space around me. Shoving 4x8 sheets in the Armada results in them sticking out the back two feet at a 30 degree downward angle. There's no good tie-downs, so I run a strap around the corner of the plywood up to the oh-shit handles.

The Armada does look good, but I loved my van so much I manned it up a little. I lifted it an inch, gave it beefy wheels and all terrain tires, made wheel flares, added fog lights, gave it a dual exhaust, added tow hooks, and applied some retro graphics. Everywhere I went people would stop and ask me about it. I've never had a vehicle get so much attention.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

All that said, when I am using the Armada for it's designed purpose, I do really appreciate it. It looks great, feels high quality, and it mostly does it's job well. And bonus that it is such a bargain!

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree! We traded our minivan for a 2019 Armada because we needed more towing capacity. I greatly preferred driving the minivan in all situations except for towing.

The van drove fantastic, I would whip it around corners much like the GTI that I had before it. It was AWD and made an amazing camping vehicle. It had 150 cu ft of cargo room behind the front seats, versus 95 in the Armada. The second row captain's chairs had two feet of adjustment! It swallowed whole sheets of plywood with the hatch closed - that is an awesome feature! And the Home Depot lumber cart is just above the tailgate height, so you can fling those sheets in there like a deck of cards. Parking was easy, maintenance cost were low, and gas mileage was much better.

I drive the Armada like a grandpa, all the pitching and diving makes me leave lots of space around me. Shoving 4x8 sheets in the Armada results in them sticking out the back two feet at a 30 degree downward angle. There's no good tie-downs, so I run a strap around the corner of the plywood up to the oh-shit handles.

The Armada does look good, but I loved my van so much I manned it up a little. I lifted it an inch, gave it beefy wheels and all terrain tires, made wheel flares, added fog lights, gave it a dual exhaust, added tow hooks, and applied some retro graphics. Everywhere I went people would stop and ask me about it. I've never had a vehicle get so much attention.

View attachment 50783

All that said, when I am using the Armada for it's designed purpose, I do really appreciate it. It looks great, feels high quality, and it mostly does it's job well. And bonus that it is such a bargain!

View attachment 50784
Really dig your imagination with your Minivan. 👍🏻. I would not hesitate to get another in the future but the Armada is staying and checks all the boxes for our situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts