Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
huh?

i understand you may be frustrated, but if you want people over the internet to help you , they are going to need more info.

what model year? did you just buy the car? was the radio working just fine prior?

were you doing the install? did you disconnect the battery from the car prior to this?

you said you "wanted" a new radio - well did you get it? was it aftermarket or oem radio?

any electrical mods done to the car prior to this?

have you checked any fuses? relays? wiring ? you could have fried something. you could have bent some pins in the wiring harness if you removed any. did you check the ground? does the car throw up any error lights? does it drive normally?

anything else you can add that you feel may be helpful...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2014 armada a “buddy”was to install an aftermarket flip screen radio the factory radio worked fine before into the install he realizes all the dash components where in same harness and said I needed a 350 kit to finish install I insisted we go back the way it was then I find out he “modified “ the stuff to fit the radio still I wanted it like it was after plugging everything back in no radio no info center no dash ac where the back ac still blows and I feel a hint of conditioned air out of dash vents no lights on ac but night lights come on with headlights but nothing else oh the aux plugs and airbag indicator works please help not only is my wife in my ass I have 5 kids being the reason for the armada will be forever grateful if someone can help !

Oh I’ve check all fuses and in the process of putting my. Foot in buddies ass

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
difficult to read your post with no punctuation but it seems like your buddy messed up.. :)

that's a tough problem to ask over the internet , especially when someone has tampered with the wiring. there could be anything wrong. you will need to re trace his steps and see what mods me did.

if you are not electrically inclined, you may be better off going to a radio shop who has experience in asian vehicles.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Don't mean to be rude... But, you need to tell your buddy to fix what he screwed up. Or else he won't be invited for dinner anymore.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
52 Posts
difficult to read your post with no punctuation but it seems like your buddy messed up.. :)

that's a tough problem to ask over the internet , especially when someone has tampered with the wiring. there could be anything wrong. you will need to re trace his steps and see what mods me did.

if you are not electrically inclined, you may be better off going to a radio shop who has experience in asian vehicles.
This is right ^^^ Pay a pro to wire it correctly. Very difficult to access and support over the internet. I’ve rewired older vehicles but I would not attempt to fix what someone else botched. I bet a pro could wire the new unit correctly and make the dash functional again. Take that path-

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts