Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2017 Armada Platinum keeps going to this message "NO USB MEMORY". It doesn't matter if I'm on radio, bluetooth, or XM. It may remain on whatever I turn on for 30 seconds and sometimes up to 5 minutes but eventually changes to this message, even with no USB plugged up. Any ideas on how to fix this problem.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
does it play the music when you have a thumb drive inserted?
did you just buy the car or have you had itr a while? has the usb slot every worked properly or just recently started?
when you get the error, can you clear it? if you can does it come back?
is this repeatable or is it random?
do you have any modifications done to the head unit or audio /video system?
any other electrical issues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought the car a month ago. It will play with a usb cord using my iphone. All other music gets the message. I can push a button and it goes back to playing radio, bluetooth, etc but will shut off and give me the message again after a short time. As far as know, there have been no modifications to anything.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
basically it started just around the time you got the car it sounds like...

its possible the "source" button is stuck or has some debris under it that is causing that button to think its getting pressed. maybe try some compressed air and blow out the buttons. it sounds like the issue can be "corrected" once you press another button until it comes back again. if that does not help, you may have some issues with the panel where the buttons contact the circuit board ...

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Yeah... Check both the console and the steering wheel "Source" buttons. Should you need to remove or do any major cleaning. Make double sure you disconnect you battery cables. Best to disconnect both cables SRS airbags warning. Wait at least three minutes before you begin working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
May or may not be related to your issue … but I have a 2018 Platinum that does the same thing - when the iPhone is connected. I have come to realize it is the cable between the phone and the USB plug. There must be a short somewhere in that cable … even after spending more dough on the braided ones.

I keep forgetting to clean out the USB ports and / or the iPhone with compressed air. Maybe that will work?

Unplug the phone and cable and see if the message still happens. Mine happens when I turn too hard, etc and the cable gets jostled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts